Rangers 3 - 0 Hibernian - Player ratings and MOTM.

Both Miller and Boyd looked not as sharp as they were before their injuries. Hopefully they be back to their best soon.

Lafferty looked a lot more relaxed when he came on, and it was good to see him putting in a good performance.

One thing that annoys me about Rangers/WS, why do we pull every single player back for corners?,even Beasley was back for corners!!, what is he going to do back there?,when HIVS were defending corners they left two players up front!!,we should be leaving at least one player up front IMO, Miller being the most likely,when the ball gets cleared it normally just gets punted back into the box as there is no-one up front to challenge for the ball.

I thought Bougherra played well also but I'd like to highlight Davie Weir's contribution to that. Not only was he superb himself but his positional play, organisational qualities and reading of the game allows Bougherra the freedom (and confidence) to get forward when hardly any central defenders in Scotland do the same.

Weir's consistency and quality since he arrived here have been quite incredible. On this season's form there is no reason why he should retire in the summer.

Agree 100% with that Frankie,Weir has been the most consistent player at Rangers since he signed and doesn't get the amount of credit he deserves IMO,all that seems to be said about Weir is '' he is too old '',if he can play like like is now then he can play next season as well IMO.

:mb: was my motm

he was immense from first whistle to last

Thomson, Weir and Lafferty did well also. I thought Whittaker had an indifferent first half but was excellent after his goal

I went for Boogie as well. His sliding tackle to block a shot from Zemmama i think, was class

One thing that annoys me about Rangers/WS, why do we pull every single player back for corners?,even Beasley was back for corners!!, what is he going to do back there?,when HIVS were defending corners they left two players up front!!,we should be leaving at least one player up front IMO, Miller being the most likely,when the ball gets cleared it normally just gets punted back into the box as there is no-one up front to challenge for the ball.

15 goals conceded in 25 games is why.

I've seen this debated to death on FF recently and the arguments for it are very convincing (might go look for a concise appraisal of this tactic as I don't think I could explain it so well myself).

The only concern at a corner is to defend the first ball. Doesn't matter how many you've got up waiting for a clearance if they score from the first ball in does it?

Edit: Thommo for me.