Graveson deal falls through?

My take is Gravesen is a good player but so too was Petrov, difference being Petrov was younger and knew what the SPl was all about.

Different type of player but I don't necessarily think they have strengthened their team - one good player in, one good player out !

Petrov isn't as good as people make him out to be, and goes missing far too often.

We can't be blind anti-Celtic folk here.

In signing Jarosik, Gravesen and JVOH for a combined �£8m, and then getting the exact same amount back for Petrov (�£6.5m initially, the rest after appearances), Celtic have done absolutely brilliant business this summer.

People say we did great business in getting £8m for Boumsong. Same scenario for Celtic, but they've did what we should of done and spent it wisely.

Credit where it's due, Celtic have a good side now. Maybe not good enough for Europe, sure.

But they've got the 2nd best keeper in Scotland (behind Gordon), in Boruc. Lee Naylor will be a consistent left back while being nothing special, Mark Wilson is reliable (which is more than I can say for our right back), McManus is a good centre back, again, reliable. Weak link possibly in who partners him, both Balde and Caldwell look suspect too often.

In midfield, they've now got class acts in Nakamura, Jarosik and Gravesen, whereas Maloney (who seems to be preferred in midfield) is always a threat when he's fit, and McGeady is dangerous.

Up front, you won't find a better partnership in this country than J-VOH and Zurawski.

The title is staying at Parkhead, and that's not me being a pessimist. It's me giving credit to the fine squad Celtic have.

After reading that beattie a cant disagree, they have a good squad.

Here's hoping they don't gel together but.

Our strikers and midfield just need to start putting the ball in the back of the net and tighten up at the back we're not to far off them. And with the good football and tactics we're playing recently hopefully we can play them off the park and show a really good OF game, as they're rarely as good as previous seasons

MON THE GERS !

I've been impressed with the way Celtic have strengthened their squad recently. At the start of the summer I thought they were looking very lightweight, but they've made some great signings since then and spent their cash wisely.

It's actually quite worrying how far ahead of us Celtic have become in a commercial sense.

It seems now people acknowledge Celtic a helluva lot more than Rangers, and big name players now seem more keen to join them.

Guest The_Rock

I still think we are playing better , we just need to gel aswell , I am shocked but , its supposed to be our revolution , and we havent held a candle to celtics signings so far .