Graveson deal falls through?

Who cares? He's a thug, a bald thug infact who has a gammy knee. Give him 5 matches at the most and I bet he's either sent off or being hauled up in front of the video panel.

Financially a huge gamble made by Celtic.

Who cares? He's a thug, a bald thug infact who has a gammy knee. Give him 5 matches at the most and I bet he's either sent off or being hauled up in front of the video panel.

Financially a huge gamble made by Celtic.

I hope you're right, but I don't think you will be. I think he's an excellent player, but I don't think he's a direct replacement for Pterov. And I don't think we'll be seeing much of Lennon from now onm this year.

I hope you're right, but I don't think you will be. I think he's an excellent player, but I don't think he's a direct replacement for Pterov. And I don't think we'll be seeing much of Lennon from now onm this year.

Do people just think he's a good player because Real Madrid signed him? :confused:

I can't remember him playing out his skin for Everton or Real Madrid.

He was brilliant at Everton. Just have to hope his time in Madrid has seen him go off the boil slightly. He looked a bit out of place at times in Spain, but he's not exactly going to face the same quality in the SPL

Ssamuel Eto'o = Stevie Crawford

Celtic complete Gravesen capture

Thomas Gravesen was in Glasgow for his medical

Celtic have confirmed the signing of Denmark midfielder Thomas Gravesen from Real Madrid in a transfer deal believed to be worth about £2m.

The 30-year-old has signed a three-year contract, with Celtic having the option of a further 12 months.

Gravesen said: "I am delighted to have joined Celtic, one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"Having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club, I am excited about this move."

Celtic had faced competition from four English Premiership outfits - Newcastle, Bolton, Middlesbrough and former club Everton - for Gravesen's signature.

But he arrived in Glasgow on Monday for contract talks and a medical, only to join up with Denmark's international squad without an announcement being made. Thomas has shown great desire to play for Celtic

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

Reports of problems resulting from an old knee injury circulated overnight, but the Scottish champions have now announced that Gravesen has signed a contract.

"The team did brilliantly last season to win the championship and together we will be trying to retain the title and do as well as we can in the Champions League," he told Celtic's website. "I know other Danish players who have had the opportunity to play with Celtic and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

"I have also visited Celtic Park for matches, where the atmosphere is tremendous, and I am very much looking forward to playing there."

The Dane left Everton for Spain in a £2.5m deal in January 2005 but made just 26 appearances for Real.

His latest move was confirmed moments after the £6.5m sale of fellow midfielder Stilian Petrov to Aston Villa was officially announced.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan said: "Thomas has shown great desire to play for Celtic and it is very clear that he is looking forward to joining the club.

"He is a player with great ability, experience and character - qualities which could enhance any team."

And Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell added: "It is fantastic that we are able to welcome a player of Thomas's quality to Celtic Park."

Gravesen will meet up with his new team-mates next week after Friday's friendly against Portugal and his country's Euro 2008 qualifier away to Iceland next Wednesday.

SEE ALSO

Gravesen closer to exit from Real

23 Aug 06 | Europe

Madrid leave Gravesen out of tour

07 Aug 06 | Europe

Gravesen completes switch to Real

14 Jan 05 | Everton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELATED BBC LINKS:

Your say - 606

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:

Uefa

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites