Graveson deal falls through?

I don't think you can deny he is a quality midfielder but it's certainly not value for money. �£2 mil and 40K per week wages for a 30 year old:admin:

It reminds me of some of the crazy signings we made a few years ago.

They will learn.

Just read on SSN that he's joined up with the Denmark squad without agreeing a move to the manky mhob!

Yeah but sky sports website quotes him as sayign he, his agent and Celtic will make an announcement today - even though he is back with the Danish squad.

I still don't fear him and, as is said, I am actually pretty glad that they are spending as much on him as they are - 2 mill plus all those wages, and then other players will not be happy about him getting so much more than them - I will take Clement any day ;)

gravesen signing confirmed

from celtic website:

Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce that it has signed midfielder Thomas Gravesen from Real Madrid. Danish internationalist Thomas (30), has signed a three-year contract, with Celtic having the option of a further year.

Thomas said: "I am delighted to have joined Celtic, one of the biggest clubs in the world. When I was made aware of Celtic’s interest, naturally, I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the Manager, the Chief Executive and other people at the club, I am very excited about this move.

"I am eager now to get going and do all I can for Celtic. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week. The team did brilliantly last season to win the Championship and together we will be trying to retain the title and do as well as we can in the Champions League.

"I know other Danish players who have had the opportunity to play with Celtic and they have nothing but great things to say about the club. I have also visited Celtic Park for matches, where the atmosphere is tremendous and I am very much looking forward to playing there.

"I am aware of Celtic’s magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club, for the fans to enjoy."

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan said: "Thomas has shown great desire to play for Celtic and it is very clear that he is looking forward to joining the club. He is a player with great ability, experience and character – qualities which could enhance any team.

"We are delighted to have secured his signing and we hope he will be a valuable addition to our squad."

And Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell, added: "It is fantastic that we are able to welcome a player of Thomas’s quality to Celtic Park.

"Having spoken to Thomas, it is clear that he is for ready for the challenges which lie ahead. His passion for the club is incredible and he is extremely positive about his move to Celtic. We are sure he will be a great signing.

"Thomas is the third player we have signed in the last few days and the Board is delighted to continue to support Gordon’s plans for the squad."