Boyd gives strongest hint yet

Kris Boyd gives strongest indication yet that he expects to remain at Rangers beyond the summer.

Graeme Macpherson

Published on 20 Feb 2010

Boydâ��s contract expires at the end of the season and a new deal said to be worth �£18,000 a week has been tabled by the Ibrox club.

The striker is yet to give a formal reply to that offer, with Middlesbrough, Birmingham City, and Newcastle United reportedly all waiting in the wings to see what transpires. Boyd, though, yesterday suggested he believes a deal will be eventually secured that would allow him to extend his stay with Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m sure that will be sorted out in the near future,ââ?¬Â he said. ââ?¬Å?I just have to get on with my football and getting results for this club. The contract will sort itself out shortly. I am not being distracted with it. The club and my agent will take care of that and sort it out.

ââ?¬Å?I just want to play football, score goals, win games and pick up trophies. That is a realistic ambition over the next couple of months, which I hope to take part in, and hopefully we can do that. I think everyone knows my feelings towards this club. I enjoy myself here and I enjoy my football. Iââ?¬â?¢m sure something will be sorted out in the next wee while.

It wasn't that long ago that Boyd was getting it tight from a lot of our fans, so I was just wondering how these fans feel now about him ?, serious question guys, has Boyds' game improved that much that he has changed a lot of opinions?, or is it simply because of the state of our club is in that he gets less stick ?. For the record I have always been a Boyd fan and I do think his game has improved.

He claimed on STV News that if Walter stays, he will.

That's the reason for the delay in signing the contract - he doesn't know if Walter will still be here come summer.

I can understand that

Whilst a section of our fanbase is desperate for a foreign manager and a new outlook, i get the impression that a lot of our players wouldn't be particularly happy under such a new regime (rightly or wrongly)