Boyd gives strongest hint yet

I can understand that

Whilst a section of our fanbase is desperate for a foreign manager and a new outlook, i get the impression that a lot of our players wouldn't be particularly happy under such a new regime (rightly or wrongly)

I don't want a new manager. I've been fickle in the past and lost faith and trust in Walter at times, but truth be told that despite dreadful club circumstances since his return, all he's done is progress and make us better and better.

I think he's a much better manager that our circumstances should allow us to have and we should be grateful for that.

He may drive us mad now and again with some dodgy personnel choices and the odd baffling substitution, but you can't argue with the steps we've taken since he took over.

1: 2007 January to summer - made us the best defence in the UK and we beat Timmy at Parkhead - comfortably sorted us out and got us safely into second place when it had looked in doubt under Pee Ell Gee.

2: 2007-2008 - but for assholes in bureaucracy, we'd have won the league - we also managed the small feat of getting to the Uefa Cup final - what a run that was. Won both the domestic cups. And beat Lyon away 3-0.

3: 2008-2009 - won the league despite a few ups and downs. Kaunas was a blot to be forgotten.

4: 2009-2010 - finance has really limited us yet despite a dreadful CL we've been excellent domestically and are 7 points clear with technically 2 games in hand.

The thing holding us back from progress in Europe is simply money - you could put Mourinho in charge of this Rangers team and he'd struggle in the CL. It's more than good enough for the SPL though, and after the hell of PLG, we wanted domestic dominance back. We seem to be getting that. Europe will follow should we become financially better.

It wasn't that long ago that Boyd was getting it tight from a lot of our fans, so I was just wondering how these fans feel now about him ?, serious question guys, has Boyds' game improved that much that he has changed a lot of opinions?, or is it simply because of the state of our club is in that he gets less stick ?. For the record I have always been a Boyd fan and I do think his game has improved.

His all round game has improved for me. His work rate is up and he is getting involved with the ball and seems able to hold it up much better.

But he still needs to prove it in the OF games and in Europe.

His all round game has improved for me. His work rate is up and he is getting involved with the ball and seems able to hold it up much better.

But he still needs to prove it in the OF games and in Europe.

That will always be the stick we and everyone else uses to beat him with. One could argue tactics deployed in Europe do not suit Boyd i.e. we are rarely dominant and creating chance after chance with balls into the box - Boyd isn't a back to goal striker. Perhaps if we had better players around Boyd then his goal scoring ability would be appreciated more.

I was actually quite surprised to hear Boyd say his future was linked to Walters since it was Walter Smith who left him out of a lot of big games and rarely selected him in European competition - perhaps they have a mutual respect now.

I don't want a new manager. I've been fickle in the past and lost faith and trust in Walter at times, but truth be told that despite dreadful club circumstances since his return, all he's done is progress and make us better and better.

I think he's a much better manager that our circumstances should allow us to have and we should be grateful for that.

He may drive us mad now and again with some dodgy personnel choices and the odd baffling substitution, but you can't argue with the steps we've taken since he took over.

1: 2007 January to summer - made us the best defence in the UK and we beat Timmy at Parkhead - comfortably sorted us out and got us safely into second place when it had looked in doubt under Pee Ell Gee.

2: 2007-2008 - but for assholes in bureaucracy, we'd have won the league - we also managed the small feat of getting to the Uefa Cup final - what a run that was. Won both the domestic cups. And beat Lyon away 3-0.

3: 2008-2009 - won the league despite a few ups and downs. Kaunas was a blot to be forgotten.

4: 2009-2010 - finance has really limited us yet despite a dreadful CL we've been excellent domestically and are 7 points clear with technically 2 games in hand.

The thing holding us back from progress in Europe is simply money - you could put Mourinho in charge of this Rangers team and he'd struggle in the CL. It's more than good enough for the SPL though, and after the hell of PLG, we wanted domestic dominance back. We seem to be getting that. Europe will follow should we become financially better.

Spot on.:giruy::spl: