Lafferty's car hit again!!

RANGERS striker Kyle Lafferty's �£130,000 Bentley was attacked by yobs last night.

A sticky liquid was poured over the vehicle as it was parked in the street.

Lafferty feared it was paint stripper or battery acid and reported the attack to the police.

It was the second time in four months the Bentley had been attacked.

Last October, both the Bentley and a Land Rover were smashed up by neds as they were parked outside his home.

Lafferty was back home last night and not available for comment but his girlfriend Tori Smith insisted: "Everything is all right now."

After the earlier incident, Northern Ireland international Lafferty paid for his treasured Bentley to have a completely new shell, costing thousands of pounds.

The latest vandalism happened in Byres Road in Glasgow's west end.

The car, which has a distinctive personalised number plate, was parked outside an Italian restaurant.

The vandal attack came just three days before a crucial Old Firm league clash at Ibrox in which Lafferty is expected to play.

A police spokeswoman said: "There was a report of vandalism to a car at 8.20pm. We are investigating it."

A source said: "Kyle was apparently livid. Someone has thrown some kind of liquid all over his motor.

"And it's even harder to stomach after he just had his beloved car revamped because of neds."

The attack came just a few weeks after Ibrox teammate DaMarcus Beasley saw his car destroyed by a fire bomb.

The US international's �£65,000 BMW was torched outside his home in the west end of Glasgow.

It was also the second time his car had been targeted.

The arsonist poured a line of petrol on to the road before setting it ablaze and fleeing the scene in a waiting car as flames shot towards the blue BMW.

Moments later, fuel in a container placed beneath the car ignited, engulfing the vehicle in flames and damaging another BMW parked next to it.

In 2008, vandals scrawled graffiti on goalkeeper Allan McGregor's Bentley and his girlfriend Leah Shevlin's Range Rover outside their home in Glasgow. Months earlier, acid had been poured over McGregor's car.

Last night, a spokeswoman for Rangers said she was unaware of the latest attack on Lafferty's car.

The Rhecord

well i see lafferty's car around quite alot and his private number plate is very noticeable i won't reveal it here but maybe take off the private plate if you have an exepensive car. I know this doesn't make it right that you can't enjoy nicer things without it being damaged but when your playing for the old firm you should think twice about these things.

well i see lafferty's car around quite alot and his private number plate is very noticeable i won't reveal it here but maybe take off the private plate if you have an exepensive car. I know this doesn't make it right that you can't enjoy nicer things without it being damaged but when your playing for the old firm you should think twice about these things.

His private plate was plastered all over the tabloid rags anyway mate. I agree with you about the plate. If it wasn't a private plate it could be anyone's car, but Lafferty appears to like people to know that it's his car.