We threw it away!!!

As much as the season is slowly coming to its conclusion, we then surrender a 2 goal lead and now have to travel to tanadice park for a replay which we can do without, do we really need this added pressure in cramming these extra games in to what is looking like a fuckin nightmare as the sfa try to find a day/night for us to play this game which is played in ten days from now!!! as much as we have the 3 games in 9 days it looks now that we could be playing twice a week for the next few weeks which in turn opens up windows for injuries...

This game should have been over at 3-1 and now we could be looking at a nervy trip up north to try and hold of for the treble, my verdict was we made the substitutions to early and paid the price, very annoyed at this result!

I didn't think the Boyd/ Lafferty substitution was the reason we got pegged back - it was mostly defensive errors that cost us.

We missed Bougie and Whittaker had a stinker. Plus you have to bear in mind it was a cup game and we're still on for the treble. It could have been a lot worse!

A bit reactionary this thread.

3 flukey goals/defensive errors gave them a replay - one from a blind Whittaker pass, one from a Whittaker OG, and one where a fortunate rebound off the bar put it right on Kovacevic's heid.

We played well today, and it was a full blooded cup tie.

I read nothing into the result - we were unfortunate to get pegged back but given the way we've played in recent weeks and months, only the most fickle fan would get on the team's back after that result. We even played some bloody excellent football today. I counted 3 backheels and one turn in a particular passage of play.

(that said neither of our penalties were penalties either)

Boyd scored two, when he went off for the dumplin that replaced him, United saw a way back cos we were down to 10 men and they took it. Who ever subbed Boydy and put lafferty on threw it away, rank bad judgement.

Boyd was having an absolute nightmare. Ball after ball was bypassing him and going straight through to their goalkeeper or out for a goal kick. Lafferty actually looked quite lively when he came on

A bit reactionary this thread.

3 flukey goals/defensive errors gave them a replay - one from a blind Whittaker pass, one from a Whittaker OG, and one where a fortunate rebound off the bar put it right on Kovacevic's heid.

We played well today, and it was a full blooded cup tie.

I read nothing into the result - we were unfortunate to get pegged back but given the way we've played in recent weeks and months, only the most fickle fan would get on the team's back after that result. We even played some bloody excellent football today. I counted 3 backheels and one turn in a particular passage of play.

(that said neither of our penalties were penalties either)

Substitute "the way we've played" with "the results we've had"

We have only played well in a handful of games since December and occasionally, like today and against Hamilton, it comes home to roost

It wasn't a disgraceful performance or anything but the players thought it was over at 3-1, started with the party pieces and long range shots, and were made to pay for it

Also, whilst he wasn't blatantly at fault for any of the goals, i thought McGregor had an absolute horror show

Edited by Dr Preston Burke

Guest Inside Left

Boyd was the worst player on the pitch , two penalties or no two penalties.

I thought there were four Dundee Celtic players offside when the cross came in for the second goal and the flag should have been up long BEFORE Whittaker got his head to it.

I also thought Greegsy was blatantly fouled coming for the cross that led to their corner.

That said we got a soft penalty too.

We seem determined to do it the difficult way in this competition.