Guest Northampton_loyalist
Does anyone actually swallow the story that this Northampton Loyal guy is given Ellis' mobile number and just calls him up out of the blue and gets all this information? Am I the only one who thinks there is a rather large pile of shite circulating around this topic? Has Walter Mitty reincarnated in our own back yard?

what is 'all this information'? the info that came out in the herald article above? (look for ellis quote amongst it. apart from that, what info?

oh, and why not ask me directly one of the times previous when we have spoken?

edit, by above i mean above on this board, not this thread.

also interesting to note that 2 days after I posted my second bit, canadian bacon on RM got a call from his sourse saying exactly the same thing

what is 'all this information'? the info that came out in the herald article above? (look for ellis quote amongst it. apart from that, what info?

oh, and why not ask me directly one of the times previous when we have spoken?

edit, by above i mean above on this board, not this thread.

also interesting to note that 2 days after I posted my second bit, canadian bacon on RM got a call from his sourse saying exactly the same thing

So do you have Ellis' mobile number? Did you cold call him?

So do you have Ellis' mobile number? Did you cold call him?

yes and yes. But you already knew my answer, we have discussed this before.

I asked you what 'all this info' Ellis has given me was, you didnt answer.

Also, I said that my second chat with him was corroberated 2 days later by the man himself via the herald and by a source on RM.

Think about it. Why would I post 'the deal is still on' if I had not asked him directly? that is one great way of ruining any credibility i might have had in a heartbeat, all it would take is a single word from ellis to prove me a liar.

I make you an absolute 100% genuine offer. I will be phoning him again the next time something breaks in the news. I wont let you see the number or speak but you are officially invited to join me (my house or yours) to listen on speakerphone.

Does anyone actually swallow the story that this Northampton Loyal guy is given Ellis' mobile number and just calls him up out of the blue and gets all this information? Am I the only one who thinks there is a rather large pile of shite circulating around this topic? Has Walter Mitty reincarnated in our own back yard?

Having met and dealt with N_L, I don't doubt his story for a minute.

I, for one, believe NL has that mobile number. Just because we dont have it doesnt mean someone doesnt - it is every bit as plausible as the suggestion that it is all a pile of shite.

Have to say, N_L hasnt said anything controversial (othe than contradicting a know rangers-hater in the press) and doesnt stand to gain a thing from lying (other than attention, but who would want our attention?). I have no reason to think he is lying.

I'll be convinced when I see some evidence so if it's available then let's see some. I've made my doubts plain and a few you have taken an opposite view, based I'm guessing on no more evidence than I have. I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong ...... if I'm wrong ....... but at the moment it seems far fetched.

I'll be convinced when I see some evidence so if it's available then let's see some. I've made my doubts plain and a few you have taken an opposite view, based I'm guessing on no more evidence than I have. I'll have no problem admitting I'm wrong ...... if I'm wrong ....... but at the moment it seems far fetched.

Entirely your perogative. I have invited you over, it is interesting you ignored it.

Entirely your perogative. I have invited you over, it is interesting you ignored it.

Don't go congratulating yourself too soon. Basing your victory on something that isn't ever going to happen is proving nothing. Give the number to someone else on the same basis you obtained it and let's see if the same guy answers when they call. Give it to Frankie, give it to Canadianbacon on RM, give it to admin at VB. Then we'll see.