Gersnet Exclusive: Sir David Murray Interview Confirmed

As part of Gersnet's tenth year anniversary celebrations for 2010, I thought I'd chance my hand and, late last year, contacted the club owner to see if he fancied conducting an informal, fun interview for the benefit of our wee community.

Even though I'd had experience of speaking with the former chairman via my work with the RST in recent years, I was still surprised to receive a reply and was even more surprised to see it was a positive one - depending on Sir David's diary. Given his criticisms of the online community in late 2008, that was somewhat of a shock!

Fortunately we've managed to find a suitable date where the interview will take place later this month and it will be recorded for download. In the mean-time, I'd like to invite questions from all our site members - please keep them challenging (but civil). Obviously, direct questions on the ownership issue of the club are likely to be politely declined.

Sir David has also kindly donated two bottles of his own Chateau Routas Coquelicot Viognier 2005 for the best questions submitted. I've asked the moderating team to judge this.

:)

Ask him if he has any regrets over the way he has handled his stewardship of our club and if with hindsight given the fantastic monetary advantage that we held in the late 80's 90's he would have done anything differently .Also ask if he is dissapointed that his tenure is seen by many in a very negative way given the years of success he brought to the club .

Feel free to change the words to a more suitable question but I'm sure you get my drift

I dont have a question.... but as part of the moderating team I vote that my non-question is best :D Will PM my mailing addres Frankie :devil:

Excellent work on securing SDM's interview, regardless of some of our views on him.

I mean he's only donating 2 bottles poor show :drink:

I'll donate some of my home made wine also :D

I won't comment on whose is better but I'll gladly pass on one of yours to the former chairman... Maybe he'll buy your 'vineyard' for several million afterwards? :box: