I've no idea whether Wilson will stay or leave. However, with no new owner or funding in sight, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the state of our playing squad for next season. If the likes of Wilson leave this summer then we could be in fairly desperate straits unless new money becomes available. It's worrying.

some seem to think as he supported the scum as a boy he'll leave as soon as he's got the chance after us helping to become the player he is :whistle:

he'll stay for a few years with us if he has any sense which I think he has :spl:

Liam Miller grew up a Celtic fan and left them as soon as he got the chance

All i said was that Wilson doesn't have the emotional bond of being a Rangers fan, so it's less likely that he'll be 'desperate' to stay

Is it not the case that if you're good enough for rangers to pick you up, you're probably good enough to get picked up by celtic too? If you were that emotional a fan of either, you wouldn't play for the opposite side. IF, however, you are more of a football person, you just want to play the game and so are not as swayed by fan loyalty and go where ever you have the best chance of progressing...

Imagine a youngster who is a huge fan, say like bomber is. Yes, you'd try and play at other teams, you'd sign for st mirren, or killie, or even possibly hibs or aberdeen, but celtic?? no chance! I don't think (most) professional players are fans in that sense thesedays, although there are a few. Barry would never sign for celtic, and given would never sign for us. hypothetically of course.

I am surprised to hear that wilsons background is of the persecuted variety... not that it has made a difference to how he plays. John Grieg was a hearts fan as a boy...

Is it not the case that if you're good enough for rangers to pick you up, you're probably good enough to get picked up by celtic too? If you were that emotional a fan of either, you wouldn't play for the opposite side. IF, however, you are more of a football person, you just want to play the game and so are not as swayed by fan loyalty and go where ever you have the best chance of progressing...

Imagine a youngster who is a huge fan, say like bomber is. Yes, you'd try and play at other teams, you'd sign for st mirren, or killie, or even possibly hibs or aberdeen, but celtic?? no chance! I don't think (most) professional players are fans in that sense thesedays, although there are a few. Barry would never sign for celtic, and given would never sign for us. hypothetically of course.

I am surprised to hear that wilsons background is of the persecuted variety... not that it has made a difference to how he plays. John Grieg was a hearts fan as a boy...

I don't see why players with a sellick background would be concerned about signing for us. McCann did it and was embraced by the fans. Many other have done it too. They still like to perpetuate the myth of Rangers not wanting to sign catholics but Albertz, Amoruso and many others have not only been accepted but idolised. What we don't tend to like are those with and anti-British f.enian tendancy and that should have nothing to do with football .... unless you're a Neil Lennon or and Aidsridden McGeady. Personally, I've never been too keen on signing ex sellick players but perhaps that's just me.

Signing ex-Celtic players is my main problem. They are paid to be professional and loyal to a club, Burke and McCormack were also boyhood Celtic fans and they were decent enough.

However when resigning ex-celtic players if they aren't good enough for them then they certainly aren't good enough for us. Miller has been an exception but we rarely sign ex-celtic players.

McCormack has never stopped slagging off Rangers and saying how much he wants to play for Celtic

I'd put him in the McGeady and Lennon bracket

I'd put the wee bastard in a deep dark hole, then fill it with shit.

McCormack has never stopped slagging off Rangers and saying how much he wants to play for Celtic

I'd put him in the McGeady and Lennon bracket

He caused nothing but bother when he was with us , that's why they made no effort to keep him