Ellis on the phone again

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Thanks for the info again mate - good job as always!

Will reply properly tomorrow but strange how some people like to take media info at face value but not info from good bears with no agenda...

Be that as it may Frankie, but this here cannonball certainly didn't come up the Clyde oan a water biscuit.

Frankie and Bluebell have met NL so that rules him out of being a tim supporter. Given that what would he gain by bull-shitting. A month of interest and then banned for life by all the sites he posts on. That just doesn't add up for me so i will give him the benefit of the doubt until someone can prove he is lying. I doubt they can or ever will.

I love a good standoff. Mr Cannonball is taking a big stand..... not one I would have taken, I have to say.

I think NL is being genuine in what he says. Whether Ellis is equally genuine remains to be seen but I'll keep at least some powder dry until I see more.

Ellis is a non starter and you can take that to the bank...if I am wrong you can ban me for life. My cards are on the table it's bollox.

If you believe that then fine i don't think we have ever banned anyone for speaking their mind. I am not sure about Ellis but i do believe NL has contact with him. From what i have read is that Ellis doesn't have the cash to buy Rangers alone. He states he has no partner so where is the money coming from. King using a front man?

I can imagine if the offer is minimal then SDM will want to hold on to a proportion of his shares.

I can't see someone investing about �£80M in shares to sell them all for say �£8M - or �£1.

I could see a scenario of him keep say, 25% of the club, which gives the new owners control, but which allows him to cash in his remaining shares at a later date when the club is stable, debt free and someone else wants to join the table.

There has been a bit of discussion as to what is actually being bid for. If it is only MIH's shareholding then it is only 57% of the shares that the purchaser will end up with. Murray would still control the 34% holding owned by MSL.

I'm not sure why he would want to do that though. He would have little or no influence on the running of the club, and how saleable would be the shares in the future? the shares that are being sold at the moment would have a premium for control. Why would anyone want to buy 34% of the shares in the future when it gives little say in the running of the club (just ask Enic or King)?

That's not to say that the deal will not be structured like that, due either to financial constraints or contractual reasons. We are unaware under what circumstances MSL can sell their shares. If MSL sell their shares, the cash will end up with MIH anyway and it could be that King can prevent the shares being sold, and he has little incentive to see them being sold.