Ellis on the phone again

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Guest BillyMac

i hope that S.D.M. sells all his of shares and as a club we move on, loved the first 10 years of his tenure will not say to much there after, but we have to get all the money making side of the business back in is a priority

I know MIH is Murray's company. Now maybe i'm being thick, but what's MSL?

Ps. Cheers for the update NL. I believe you are genuine. Whether or not Ellis is I cannot say.

Murray Sports Limited, who allegedly underwrote the failed shares to the tune of �£52 million.

Ellis is a non starter and you can take that to the bank...if I am wrong you can ban me for life. My cards are on the table it's bollox.

And what is YOUR source for that info ?

Off the phone again.

Again, sent a text basically asking if there was any chance of a wee update, if they were still interested and if he could put a time frame on the deal being completed if it was likely it would. I added in 'Appologies for texting rather than phoning again, I simply did not want to disturb you more than this has already nor put you in any awkward situation' because I realize that texting is a pretty shitty way to contact someone but i genuinely wanted to maximise the chance of a reply and minimize pissing him off.

Last time I texted a simple question when the rumours of the deal being dead were coming out of shellick sites and he simply replied with a few words. this time I figured I had maybe pushed my luck one too often as it took a good long while to get a reply. He eventually phoned up, which ws a surprise but welcome.

What he said is encouraging again, basically that everything looks good (im guessing books, DD wise) and they are working towards closing the deal. He did not want to put a time frame on it as he does not want to be held to it should things go a little more slowly. He is aware of places like these but not through coming on himself and he said 'I can understand the worry but I dont know where some of the stories are coming from. having a property developer buy your club is like inviting the undertaker round for tea, but we are NOT looking at moving the club or developing Ibrox, well, possibly outside the ground but that is what any new owner should be looking at and with the best interests of the club at heart. Rangers are one of the most famous clubs in the world and with all that herritage you cant just rip it up. We are looking to nurture the club and get things back on track. When a deal is done i will be looking to sit with people (the fans) and discuss things, there are no skeletons in the closet and we have nothing to hide. We know there is a lot we need to learn too.'

Now, that is all in quotations butit is not his exact words, just as close to word perfect as i can remember and the thrust of it all is 100%.

Again, i cant back up anything he says, cant really do anything more than say what i felt. He has 3 times now answered calls/texts from a guy he doesnt know. Firstly that means that he wont be giving up any secrets and as I have no relationship with him, will maybe feel able to twist or manaipulate what is said but secondly, it could be seen to show a willingness to share what he can with a fan who went to the effort of stalking him . I was struck with how he came across the first time and again today, very very down to earth and friendly.

Obviously some will doubt the truth of this, and that is fine but seeing as he said he would give me an interview (i chanced my luck and he seemed happy to do it) if he buys the club i hope to be able to prove you wrong if that comes to pass.

Any press looking in, get your own quotes from the man, god-damned leaches.

Nothing really new then but while some may find it strange that he's conversing so candidly with someone he's never met, I think it is quite positive that he seems eager enough to talk in general terms about the bid.

Unfortunately, without something more concrete, talk is cheap so we all need to wait and see before we can really make up our minds on what he has to offer. However, the fact he's spent a decent amount of money already on this project suggests he's serious and the club are interested in what he has to say.

I look forward to hearing more and I think N_L for having the front to contact the guy and ask the questions the rest of us have.

It's slow, frustrating progress but we're getting there... :)

Murray Sports Limited, who allegedly underwrote the failed shares to the tune of �£52 million.

Err, no. Murray Sports Ltd underwrote the previous rights issue.

Not sure why you use the word allegedly, given the rights issue WAS underwritten.

I see the rights issue asa success. Murray put in his �£50m as was always intended, and more cash was raised on top of that. Murray did not reduce his investment to the balance of the undersrite as he could have done. Why would any Rangers fan suggest it was a failure?

....but that's where you came in.

Murray put in his �£50 million, the trouble is that you probably believe that. You call about 1% of the offer being taken up by fans a success and the rest being absorbed into MIH by the Mints magical creativity, there is hope for Alistair Darling yet, not much mind you. :whistle: