Ellis on the phone again

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Holes? We have not bought a player in more than 18 months, we have seen players leave and there is nothing to indicate that will change in the summer unless ownership is transferred. If Ellis comes in and is as good as his word we will immediatelly be in a better position regarding the playing staff, contracts and scope to buy. I firmly believe that the tie in with MIH is what is preventing us offer contracts and not simply our debt (which by all accounts is now manageable). ANY new owner removes the influence of MIH by default which will lead to an easier situation.

So, tell me what the gamble is in having a less than perfect owner when you compare it to the current situation. A less than perfect guy will be a site better than today, meaning a progression. If he passes the club on then we will have seen a net gain from his tenure. Better by far that he IS perfect, obviously, but in this situation and with the prospect of losing Boyd and any number of other top players with no replacements, a small improvement is a welcome improvement.

I would also like to know why myself, having at least spoken to the guy, am 'questionable' for wanting to see it happen yet others who have seen only 'property developer' and decided flat out they dont want the guy are free to hold those beliefs? I have been very clear that I am not prepared to just take him at face value, I am published as saying I need him to explain his plans, but in the absence of any credible offers from elsewhere and with a club that could (WILL) see further cuts on an already depleted squad in a scant 2 months I dont want to see my club stumble through another transfer window while shedding players, possibly the manager and his staff and seeing nothing but unready kids move in to fill the void. On top of the playing side, every year we pass with no improvement in the fabric of the club is another year wasted. So yes, at this minute n time I would FAR sooner have an imperfect owner than the current situation. If King or A.N Other were to jump in with a bid my hope would shift from 'I hope the deal goes through' to 'I hope one of these deals goes through', I simply cant see how it would be worse than the current situation and with the chats with Ellis putting my biggest fears to rest I am happy to hope it happens. That might change tomorrow if some new information comes out, I ont make up my mind and stick to it come hell nor high water.

Now, unlike others on here I have responded to every query put to me, tried to explain myself as well as my abilites allow and tried to not be wound up by people calling me a liar. I would resectfully request that if you want that to continue you apply the same level of questioning to Wabash, just in the interests of parity you understand.

Edit to add a small point I meant to put at the start.

Read the first sentance of the post you quoted again

'I hope he buys the club AND is as good as his word'

Question me why ?, my cards are on the table, how much clearer can I be, I reckon you are at it big time...:spl:

Me? I'm cool.

It's Brute not Brutus by the way.

Love ya.

both acceptable bawsack

http://www.articlesbase.com/history-articles/et-tu-brutus-911470.html

Amo

Amas

Amat

Amamus

Amatus

Amant

To love

Marcus et Sextus sub abore sedat

Flavia catavit

Thats my school latin exhausted

Edited by Northampton_loyalist

Question me why ?, my cards are on the table, how much clearer can I be, I reckon you are at it big time...:spl:

You put your cards on the table. You dont answer questions.

I put mine down, I get the third degree (and reply to every query)

No similarities there.

I have been called worse than a liar by far better folk than yourself, I'm sure I will live.

You could be clearer by presenting these things as your personal opinion because we still, as yet have not heard YOUR source.

NL has claimed his source and attempted to justify it in somwhat reasonable terms. You take it or leave it.

You on the other hand just trot out opinion, suggest it as fact and then lower your head beneath the parapet.... kind of like SDM himself....

You put your cards on the table. You dont answer questions.

I put mine down, I get the third degree (and reply to every query)

No similarities there.

I have been called worse than a liar by far better folk than yourself, I'm sure I will live.

But I didn't call you a liar, and my third degree was many moons ago. :)