Ellis on the phone again

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Aye but dont dress it up as fact when, unless you are SDM, Muir, the bank or someone connected, you have no more knowledge than the rest of us.

If you ARE connected then at least tell everyone how so.

You continually dress things up as fact and then, when questioned, hide under the parapet.

And have the audacity to suggest that someone else is "at it" - N_L's info is no more being "at it" than yours is.

You will of course be able to point out which of my previous post is not fact.

"I find it very disheartening when we have fellow Gers fans who seem to spend so much time revelling in the chaos and carnage of our financial situation with complete disregard for the position we find ourselves in from a playing perspective (from a results/league standing perspective - not so much a performance one)."

If being 13 points ahead, trading as a going concern, paying our debts, is "chaos and carnage " that will do for me.

Edited by wabashcannonball

You will of course be able to point out which of my previous post is not fact.

"I find it very disheartening when we have fellow Gers fans who seem to spend so much time revelling in the chaos and carnage of our financial situation with complete disregard for the position we find ourselves in from a playing perspective (from a results/league standing perspective - not so much a performance one)."

If being 13 points ahead, trading as a going concern, paying our debts, is "chaos and carnage " that will do for me.

We could be in administration and still be top of the league. Being top of the SPL with a Celtic side as poor as that doesn't really prove much.

Is there not a reason for Celtic and the SPL not being fantastic? Could the same reason not be affecting Rangers? Are you not the best regardless if you are champs seeing as you face the same obstacles?

It's a bit like saying a winner of a flat race wasn't worthy as the second place was quite a slow time - but totally ignoring the fact that they were all running into a very strong head wind...

How do you know Celtic weren't poor in most of Rangers' other championship wins?

Who really cares?

Guest Northampton_loyalist
N_L, you probably shouldnt even bother contonuing justifying your position.

Someone like wabash would never be convinced regardless of any compelling evidence you could produce simply because he doesnt want to believe you. You cant force people to believe what you say. You justify it once, provide clarity if needed and then leave them to determine for themselves if they believe a) what you say and b) what you have been told from whomever you have been told it.

I find it very disheartening when we have fellow Gers fans who seem to spend so much time revelling in the chaos and carnage of our financial situation with complete disregard for the position we find ourselves in from a playing perspective (from a results/league standing perspective - not so much a performance one).

Aye, apologies for getting drawn in. I knew there would be people who dont believe it, I said as much but it is harder than I thought to bite my tongue.

I find it very disheartening when we have fellow Gers fans who seem to spend so much time revelling in the chaos and carnage of our financial situation with complete disregard for the position we find ourselves in from a playing perspective (from a results/league standing perspective - not so much a performance one).

I find there's an alarming number of fans with little or nothing to say about the football, and everything to say about the running of the club.

tbh I can't really be bothered with fans like that.

Aye, apologies for getting drawn in. I knew there would be people who dont believe it, I said as much but it is harder than I thought to bite my tongue.

I personally take the stance that I read almost everything online with a large cannister of salt, hell including my own posts half the time (:D) and if/when something comes to fruition I can then say 'such and such was right'.

There's no right, wrong, pointscoring or otherwise.

But I do ignore everything wabash says.

I find there's an alarming number of fans with little or nothing to say about the football, and everything to say about the running of the club.

I reckon the internet age where volume of posting means originality is difficult to find results in alternative issues being discussed that may not have been in the traditional sound-off media of the past (e.g. pubs and RSC buses).

I think there is a decent balance between the two and no-one forces anyone to read threads that may not interest them.

:)

I dont mind people having a lot to say about the running of the club - it should, after all, keep the custodians on thier toes with an engaged fanbase.

But we should equally be focussed on the football.

They are, to me at least, not mutually exclusive elements to our club.

I will comment on both aspects as I see both as being pertinent. I guess not everyone will see it that way so prefer to focus on only the one aspect.

I think we should each post on anything that interests us as individuals and there should be a whole lot less energy spend being judgemental towards other posters. As readers, we have every opportunity to be discerning about what we read and how we react to it and if we can't manage that then it's probably no one's problem but our own. Post about football, post about ownership, post about anything Rangers, why not?

I frequently disagree with what people post, here and elsewhere. I don't always succeed but I try hard not to belittle anyone for posting their views. I might well debate or argue, even forcibly, with them on the subject if the mood takes me but it does disappoint when I see members trying to say what others should or shouldn't post, how they should or shouldn't present their opinions. I'm not sure there's that much high ground in sight to justify moral mountaineering.