Barry close to comeback

Rangers captain Barry Ferguson could return to action next weekend after making his first appearance of the season in a practice match against Dundee.

The Scotland international has not played in the Bank of Scotland Premier League this term after picking up a heel injury during the club's pre-season tour to South Africa.

But the 28-year will now feature in a reserve game against Hearts on Tuesday before manager Paul Le Guen decides on his inclusion next week.

Ibrox assistant manager Yves Colleu told the club's official website, http://www.rangers.co.uk: "It's good news that Barry played today and he could be part of the reserve game with Hearts on Tuesday and we will see what happens after that.

"If he does well then maybe we can consider him for the Falkirk game but it is too early to speak about that.

"Barry has been out of action for a long time so we have to take things step by step.

"We know Barry is an important player here but he needs to be fit and he needs to get into a good condition."

Good news, nothing against Hemdani really, but i think the Ferguson/Clement partnership will be a step forward.

Good news, nothing against Hemdani really, but i think the Ferguson/Clement partnership will be a step forward.

Maybe al three! Five man midfield with Barry breaking into the box as of old.

---------------Clement---------------Hemdani

Burke\Sionko--------------------Fergie--------------------Martin\Buffel

---------------------------Boyd\Prso\Sebo--------------------------

Just a thought!

How about....

Letizi

Bardsley-----Papac & Svensson-----Smith

Martin-----Clement & Ferguson-----Prso

Boyd & Sebo

Martin seems to be right footed, so you could stick him out on the right to accomodate the two forwards up front with Prso playing a bit more of a free, link-up role coming in from the left. I'd like to see what Boyd & Sebo could do when paired together and given a couple of games. Prso could then be subbed/rested with Buffel, Burke or Sionko coming in and the midfield being shuffled accordingly.

Its great to have so much competition for places in the team now.

It'll be interesting to see if Papac plays or if he's just here to give us some more squad depth.

Just wondering what the long term strategy is, that's all. I'm assuming it would be Papac and Svensson, but J-Rod has been our best central defender so far even though that's not saying much. having said that, to play devil's advocate, our defence looked well shaky last year with J-Rod in it, so maybe its time for a change as its still looking decidedly iffy.

I would play Hemdani before Clement. I think Hemdani has been brilliant so far this season especially the Haerts game. imo Clement is too similar to Hemdani. If anybody is going to get dropped at the back it certainly has to be Svensson for me. J Rod looks the more reliable of the two to me