Simply The Best for the UK #1? (At No 13 on Radio 1 Midweek Chart)

Seen the tims have gave up the chase, not like them haha

I was on one of their forums last night and one of the members left his login details to a Liverpool forum called Liverpool Way.

Well let's just say his appeal for support for YNWA was tarnished as he was made out to be a complete tit! lol

Maybe achievement was the wrong word but not worth getting upset over imo.

I'm not upset. It was a genuine question.

It might be a bit of fun but I just can't see this as any kind of achievement. On anything but a very superficial level it just seems like a fairly pointless exercise.

I'm not upset. It was a genuine question.

It might be a bit of fun but I just can't see this as any kind of achievement. On anything but a very superficial level it just seems like a fairly pointless exercise.

As well as a but of a laugh it will help raise a bit of support and awareness for the troops and for the Erskine Appeal. So from that point of view it is wothwhile. I do see where you're coming from, I just think it's a bit of fun and the fact that the mhankies attempts with the Liverpool song failed so miserably shows that it requires an awful lot of support and downloads to get a song that high up in the charts.

I didn't realise some of the money went to Erskine - in which case it IS an achievement. How much of the money spent goes to these causes, I can't find any mention of it elsewhere.

Edited by maineflyer

Tina Turner's publicist, Bernard Doherty, said: "Yawn. Tina has retired gracefully and is probably sitting in her mansion in the south of France with a Pina Colada.

"She couldn't give a monkey's about Rangers bloody football club and a song she recorded 20 years ago.

"She wouldn't be interested in supporting the campaign - she's far too sophisticated."

Tina Turner's publicist, Bernard Doherty, said: "Yawn. Tina has retired gracefully and is probably sitting in her mansion in the south of France with a Pina Colada.

"She couldn't give a monkey's about Rangers bloody football club and a song she recorded 20 years ago.

"She wouldn't be interested in supporting the campaign - she's far too sophisticated."

Was on a Tina Turner forum and they were saying that he quit as Tina's publicist a few year ago under bad taste.

Also considering where you got that from, I'd take it with a pinch of salt :spl:

I didn't realise some of the money went to Erskine - in which case it IS an achievement. How much of the money spent goes to these causes, I can't find any mention of it elsewhere.

Apologies for the confusion. I don't think any of the money goes directly to the Erskine appeal, but the guy who originally came up with the idea did so to support the troops and raise awareness for the EA. I guess that has been lost a little in the publicity of the whole campaign.

On one of the links at least, part of the money from sales goes to a charity (War child??).

Apologies for the confusion. I don't think any of the money goes directly to the Erskine appeal, but the guy who originally came up with the idea did so to support the troops and raise awareness for the EA. I guess that has been lost a little in the publicity of the whole campaign.

On one of the links at least, part of the money from sales goes to a charity (War child??).

After a quick look, I can't see any mention of a charity benefiting from this.