Rangers In For Goodwillie and McArthur

No goalkeeper in the SPL is worth a wage of �£20,000 imo

I'd probably go as far to say as "no player in the SPL...."

McGregor is a good shot stopper but far from a great all round goalkeeper, and it would pain me to see the likes of Bougherra or Davis leave before him, though it will inevitably happen that way

I laugh when people say that a keeper shouldn't be on a high wage but outfield players should. The keeper is probably the most important player in your team.

The paper i was reading yesterday said they want Ben Foster from Man Utd. McGregor seems like a predictable but probably untrue link, though you never know. I always found it quite strange how we gave McGregor a 5 year �£20,000 a week contract when we had Alexander on the books and books to balance.

The Brum link comes from rbr on here who is friendly with Ian McGuiness; former RFC club doctor now at Brum.

:)

I'd be happy enough with Alexander replacing McGregor as I don't think they are all that different in overall contribution...

McGregor is a better shot-stopper but Alexander commands his box better.

Again though, we'd be losing a key player and it is unlikely the funds received would be used to improve the team.

I honestly don't think Neil Alexander is in McGregor's league. He is adaquate cover, and probably an adaquate keeper, but nothing more, ihmo.

I think the problem has been that when Alexander has played he hasn't really been tested which makes the wider fan base think he is better than what he actually is. I'm not saying he is a poor keeper but as you put it he isn't in McGregor's league.

I'd be happy enough with Alexander replacing McGregor as I don't think they are all that different in overall contribution...

McGregor is a better shot-stopper but Alexander commands his box better.

Again though, we'd be losing a key player and it is unlikely the funds received would be used to improve the team.

I think McGregor has improved his overall command of his box, the only problem is crosses now and again which comes from confidence.

I remember when I was playing in a big game and I fumbled a cross that resulted in us getting beat. Well I never came for a cross for about a year :spl:

I think that is why McGregor always tends to punch aswell rather than catch it.

Actually I do agree McGregor has improved that area of his game but I'm still not convinced by him.

He is a better 'keeper than Alexander but he's not a player that couldn't be replaced via good scouting. Easier said than done though.

Anyone know how good Grant Adam is? Not for next season or the likes but more in a couple of years as I'd be happy with Alexander just now if the boy was a good prospect. I know Mark Weir personally and he is hopeless, I was far better than him but it was his height that got him picked up.

I think McGregor has the ability to pull off the absolute top-drawer wonder saves that Alexander doesn't. However, as an all-round keeper, I'd rather have Alexander between the sticks to be honest. I think he's more solid, a better distributor of the ball and commands his area better. I think McGregor's game has improved this season, but he still seems prone to lapses of concentration.

I think Alexander has been tested in the SPL and Europe since being here and has never let us down. Not sure what more you can ask for in a deputy.

Certainly in my lifetime we've been spoiled by the goalkeepers we've had.

I just think if we lose Bougherra and that money goes to the bank, we'd be mad not to look to sell McGregor if the funds would be made available for investing in the team as we have a tailor-made replacement in Alexander.