Rangers In For Goodwillie and McArthur

Guest Flying Hippo
Yeah, the squad turnover is quite worrying.

However, I think only Bougherra, Boyd and Steven Smith will leave and they can be replaced by Webster, Velicka and Wylde to an extent.

Obviously a decent fee should be expected for Bougherra so I'd like to think that - and the likely CL income - would enable us to spend a few million at least to help keep Novo and Broadfoot whilst persuading Davis and Wilson to stay.

A new owner may or may not help as well.

Can't see Novo staying or else he would've surely signed the deal already. We only offered him 1 year and he's said in the past that he simply can't accept putting himself in the exact same position 12 months down the line

I can't see those prices being realistic more like double the prices. Not too sure we need more players like those 2, I would prefer width with wingers and full backs before these 2 players.

They are reasonable SPL players but not sure what they could bring to our squad if we keep most of our players.

Guest Flying Hippo
I'd be happier if we moved on someone like McGregor. He should command a fee which could buy 2 or 3 other players and I think we have a more than capable replacement in Alexander.

In theory it would be a lot better to sell McGregor and keep Bougherra and Davis but Bougherra won't want a 3rd season in the SPL imo and Davis will be more sought after than McGregor. Remember our only offer for Shagger was a loan offer from Tottenham and they have Cudicini fit again anyway

Guest Flying Hippo
FH:

Apparently Brum are interested in McGregor now as well with Hart unlikely to stay there after this season.

The paper i was reading yesterday said they want Ben Foster from Man Utd. McGregor seems like a predictable but probably untrue link, though you never know. I always found it quite strange how we gave McGregor a 5 year �£20,000 a week contract when we had Alexander on the books and books to balance.

FH:

Apparently Brum are interested in McGregor now as well with Hart unlikely to stay there after this season.

As Eck has said, Hart is unlikely to want to return to Man City to play second fiddle to Given. Brum as a team on the rise, and if they can afford him I would imagine he'd be happy to stay there.

But McGregor, as an asset of ours, is definitely one decent Prem sides would be interested in.

I always found it quite strange how we gave McGregor a 5 year �£20,000 a week contract when we had Alexander on the books and books to balance.

McGregor is a vastly superior goalkeeper. If that's his wage, his ability merits it.

Alexander is an able stopper but there's a reason he's never aspired to much more than Cardiff and Norwich City before us.

If we're happy to have an average goalkeeper to follow the Klos, Goram and McGregors of the past, then fine, go with Alexander.

The paper i was reading yesterday said they want Ben Foster from Man Utd. McGregor seems like a predictable but probably untrue link, though you never know. I always found it quite strange how we gave McGregor a 5 year �£20,000 a week contract when we had Alexander on the books and books to balance.

The reason he was put on a big nice contract was that if we decide to move him on, we will get a nice sum for him. Also Alexander is a good keeper but McGregor is vastly superior!

Guest Flying Hippo

No goalkeeper in the SPL is worth a wage of �£20,000 imo

I'd probably go as far to say as "no player in the SPL...."

McGregor is a good shot stopper but far from a great all round goalkeeper, and it would pain me to see the likes of Bougherra or Davis leave before him, though it will inevitably happen that way