I think most people were maybe out on the lash or just enjoying the title winning feeling!

Winning the title so easily isn't something that has happened for a long time so perhaps folk are less excited than the last day, high pressure finishes of recent times!

WATP

It was a little bit flat all day yesterday, even at the game it wasn't quite as tense, and the feeling at the final whistle wasn't quite as euphoric as the previous 3 titles.

I was saying to my mates it reminded me a bit of many of the titles during the 9IAR era, where the big games were won in the winter and we had a healthy lead throughout and it was only a matter of time.

Even going back on the bus was very quiet and that was mirrored back in the pub as well.

Yes, we all had a great time, a wee sing song and huge grins all around, but after the drama and tension of titles 50,51 and 52, Number 53 was never really in doubt and it is a different kind of satisfaction this morning.

No dispute, no nervy ending, We are the undisputed top dogs, the worthy Champions, The People.

I was out at the pub for the game and didn't get back until late. A great day and a great atmosphere in the pub plus the landlord handed out champagne on the house.

I'm more relieved it's all over, it seems like we've been just about to do it for weeks now.

Guest Flying Hippo

There's no hidden meanings here

Everyone has known for 2 months that we were going to win the league. It is simply impossible to feel like we did after Tannadice last year or Easter Road in 2005 when you've had 2 months to prepare for it

Everyone has known for 2 months that we were going to win the league. It is simply impossible to feel like we did after Tannadice last year or Easter Road in 2005 when you've had 2 months to prepare for it

We had four years to prepared for Tannadice.

Guest Flying Hippo
We had four years to prepared for Tannadice.

That may be so but had we had the league sewn up with 15 games to go, Tannadice would've still been relatively subdued in comparison to the reality. Celtic only had to win their last 2 games last season and they would've been champions. Even when they dropped points at Hibs, we didn't dare to believe as we hadn't won at Tannadice in 3 years. Therefore it was euphoric when we won it. Easter Road 2005 was even more euphoric as we were only top of the table for 2 minutes of the final 2 months

How could this season compare when we've had the league won arguably since December, though basically since February? Unless it's a final day 'against the odds' success, it won't have the same affect (unless something really dramatic happens on the day we clinch it, like Gazza's 2nd goal against Aberdeen)

Edited by Flying Hippo

I'm starting to get the impression that some people are complaining we won the league too early...

Are only last day wins are enjoyable?

Early league wins are always less of a climax by definition and have rarely challenged last day wins and cup finals for on the edge of the seat excitement. They are a more relaxed and comfortable experience, and I don't know about anyone else but I quite enjoy being relaxed and comfortable a lot of the time.

Agree with this. I felt we "won" it long ago. This weekend was merely a formality of officially crossing the line for me.