Hibs 0 - 1 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers win their 53rd League Championship with a comfortable away victory in Edinburgh. Congratulations to everyone at the club!

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=263:hibernian-0-1-rangers-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

I'm going to give the award to :lm: this week.

I was a wee bit worried upon hearing the team yesterday but to no avail as big Jig stepped back into defence and strolled through the game.

Honorable mentions for the central midfield and big Kyle who all worked hard to deliver the spoils!

:cool:

:kt: for me too.

He just oozed confidence yesterday. The way he tried to twist and turn his way out of trouble on his own 18 yd line was impressive (except he lost the ball) but he was very comfortable on the ball and far more mobile than he was when he first came back from injury.

A solid pre-season and I reckon we will see a very, very good player in Thomson. Getting back to his pre-injury best.

The problem we have is that Edu is also a very good player and we all want to see Davis playing CM. Edu poses more of a goal threat than Thomson and could have scored early on yesterday and is more of a box-to-box midfielder.

But with Edu & Thomson we lose a bit of creativity through the central midfield spots.

Perhaps playing more of a diamond shape in midfield with Thomson more as a DM with Edu and Davis the central two in front of him and then perhaps Fleck playing at the top of that midfield 4.

The only issue I have with that is the lack of width you end up with.

Will be interesting to see how many players we lose in the close season and what we have left come the new season's start.