Darrell King Exclusive on RFC Tax Issues

King is entitled to offer what he thinks the club is worth.

However, if he wants to gain fan support for his bid, he should try an alternative strategy to the one he's employed so far.

Totally agree Frankie.

Such people have been challenged to change their strategy in the past but their response has been less than constructive.

They continue to pull the strings in the background yet appear less than eager to step into the foreground.

Guest GeneralCartmanLee
May well have been.

However, I'm sure he has someone who can act on his behalf - and video conference calls are easily organised nowadays.

He was at the last old firm game so he can travel.

It is not the club being investigated, it is payments made to agents, the investigation is into how the agents involved may have or may not have breached revenue proceedure in their disbursement of said payments. King omitted to say that it is a far reaching investigation involving the agents dealings with various clubs in the UK, what an absolute shit stirrer, I hope Murray's lawers boot his baws up and down the Copeland road. :spl::spl::spl:

Rangers have vowed to defend themselves 'robustly' over a tax investigation by HM Revenue and Customs.

More...

Rangers have vowed to defend themselves 'robustly' over a tax investigation by HM Revenue and Customs.

It is believed the Ibrox giants are being investigated regarding alleged offshore payments made to players.

Rangers have confirmed the case raised by HMRC, but are unable to comment directly on the allegations due to the on-going investigation.

A Gers spokesman said: "There is an ongoing query raised by HMRC, which is part of a pending court case.

"On the basis of expert tax advice provided to Rangers, the club is robustly defending the matters raised.

"It would, therefore, be inappropriate to comment further at this stage."

The cash-strapped Ibrox club, who won the SPL title on Sunday, are �£31million in debt and have been put up for sale.

An HMRC spokeswoman said: "HMRC cannot comment on the confidential tax affairs of individuals or businesses."

Edited by Bluedell

Even in a dire scenario - we struggle along for 5, 10 years, paying off the bank and having little or no success. Then, when we are clear of the debt, I would assume someone fancies owning the club, comes in and we start again, only this time with a rigorous and imaginative financial structure in place, rather than borrowing on a vast scale.

I can't speak for others, I suppose, but I'll still be there supporting, and I feel 99.9999% of us will be the same. Suppose we have to go through a drought, I can live with it. 'An empty shell of a once great club' - as long as but 100 of us remain alive, I can't see it.

It is not the club being investigated, it is payments made to agents, the investigation is into how the agents involved may have or may not have breached revenue proceedure in their disbursement of said payments. King omitted to say that it is a far reaching investigation involving the agents dealings with various clubs in the UK, what an absolute shit stirrer, I hope Murray's lawers boot his baws up and down the Copeland road. :spl::spl::spl:

do you have a link to this wabash ????

do you have a link to this wabash ????

Am looking for it RBR, I remember it was a lead on from Boumsong/Souness/N'castle and a very slippery agent. Grandson who works for the recovery at the revenue (I know the shame of it) says King is spouting 22 carat bollox, the club are not under investigation, they could be asked for information and that is as far as it goes.