How did it prove that? He got no service whatsoever and was switched to the left wing at half time so we could move Davis centrally

If you watched OF games alone you'd think Boyd would never make it as a striker either...

Lafferty had a decent first half, making some good runs and made a few decent dribbles, particularly that brilliant turn. He faded out in the second half, isolated, as you say, on the left wing.

Why is it that Lafferty always seems to be the target for so many folks' ire?

Guest Flying Hippo
If you watched OF games alone you'd think Boyd would never make it as a striker either...

Lafferty had a decent first half, making some good runs and made a few decent dribbles, particularly that brilliant turn. He faded out in the second half, isolated, as you say, on the left wing.

Easy target for many reasons. Transfer fee, supposed feigning injuries, media arrogance ('i take my fiance out to nice restaurants'), his nationality (some of our fans have a surprising dislike for Ulstermen as they feel any support they receive is solely down to their religion)

Kyle could've done no more as a striker last night. Pity all the service came in the second half, not surprisingly as Davis was playing centrally

Edited by Flying Hippo

Because Boyd isn't playing? ;)

Service to him was very poor last night though, hopefully we'll sort this out next season, get him up front and Davis in the middle if we don't sell either of them.

Poorest player on the park, in my opinion. Was very nervous and struggled for most of the game.

smith defended well enough but his distribution was poor. Im fed up asking questions about naismith and laffertys performances, i just accept that walter can see something nobody else can.

One of the best games ive attended in years. Our support was outstanding. Will be with me for one time to come.

Guest Flying Hippo
Because Boyd isn't playing? ;)

Service to him was very poor last night though, hopefully we'll sort this out next season, get him up front and Davis in the middle if we don't sell either of them.

We really need to get with the times and start playing 4-3-3, not least because it would get the best out of Davis

whilst making sure we're not overran in midfield

GK

DR DC DC DL

DM DM

RW AM LW

ST

With Davis in the AM role

From our current squad, the best players to implement such a formation would be

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Edu Thomson

Novo Davis Fleck

Miller

Edited by Flying Hippo

I quite enjoyed the game despite the poor result.

We started very poorly but after Celtic did luckily open the scoring, we were the better team throughout the rest of the game and could easily have had an equaliser (and more) on another day. Add in Celtic's fortunate second goal - was a foul for me on Smith - and a raft of bizarre decisions from the ref, then hopefully the cheating officials argument is dead for another few months (or until we win the next Old Firm game).

I was pretty happy with the application from the players and I think, despite the result, we again showed we are a better team than Celtic.

Both teams will now change again over the summer months, so the pressure will be on both managers to find players capable of replacing those who leave and increasing the quality available to them.

Aye, I thought he played well generally. However his distribution was woeful at times.

Whole team seemed inconsistent at times throughout the match. Guys like Whittaker and Edu were excellent for 5 mins, then poor for the next 5.

Was disappointed again with Davis - he had a poor game IMO.

I think he has a far better excuse for inconsistency of distribution with his length of absence. He done defensively really well I thought (other than his panicked clearance at the start of the second half) and was no worse than Papac.