LEE McCULLOCH could be set for a sensational summer switch to the Bundesliga

From The Scottish Sun

SunSport can reveal the 31-year-old Rangers star has emerged as a transfer target for Hannover 96.

It's understood McCulloch, left gutted this week after his red card for a foul on Celtic's Aiden McGeady would be keen on the move.

The German club are on the lookout for an experienced midfielder and McCulloch fits the bill.

Hannover coach Mirko Slomka has had scouts at Ibrox twice this season. The former Schalke chief, who faces a vital relegation clash with Bochum tomorrow, was plotting a third spying mission this weekend, but scrapped his trip after learning that McCulloch was banned.

It still won't stop Hannover from tabling a �£1million bid for the former Wigan star.

McCulloch - who joined Gers in 2007 - has one-year left to run on his current contract.

After a great season in Light Blue his stock has never been higher.

Now the champs could be set to cash in as they bid to ease their financial woes.

McCulloch is out of the final game of the season against Motherwell at Ibrox after his controversial Old Firm red card.

He said: "I am gutted my season ended on Tuesday night.

"I never made any contact with their player - TV pictures have proved that - and having been involved all season, I wanted to play my part against Motherwell on the final day.

"We're at home and the SPL trophy is being presented but I won't be involved.

"All my family are coming to the game and it's hard to take that I won't be out there on the pitch. Had I committed a second foul then fair enough.

"I didn't touch him and the sending off was harsh. It is extremely difficult to take."

McCulloch though is determined to join the party as Gers are presented with the SPL trophy after Sunday's clash with Well.

He added: "It has been a great campaign, we've won the league against all the odds.

"We're going to enjoy Sunday with the fans, that's for sure."

Surely action has to be taken against that we shite mc geady for his blatant diving in the game.If Lee decides to leave I would wish him all the best after what has been his best season for us,though he would be missed with his ability to play in a few positions.

Surely action has to be taken against that we shite mc geady for his blatant diving in the game.If Lee decides to leave I would wish him all the best after what has been his best season for us,though he would be missed with his ability to play in a few positions.

The dive

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyUvkW-z9NI]YouTube- Rangers McGeady Dive May 4 2010.wmv[/ame]

I think he's been a good signing for us, particularly when you consider how many positions and roles he's been asked to play in. Sure, we probably paid over the odds for him, but he's certainly not the worst in that regard. You can also see what it means to play for the Gers which is always good to see.

Like Andy says, if there's truth in this story, I'd be very tempted if I was in his shoes to go and try something different for a few years.

I can't see him moving for a number of reasons.

1. Hannover are struggling in the Bundesliga, still could go down

2. I can't see Walter letting him go

3. Would McCulloch want to play in Germany, I'm sure he wanted to move back here (Scotland)

4. Missing out on CL football

Guest Flying Hippo

Although he's had a good season, i would happily let McCulloch go

Thomson and Edu are the future and it is frustrating that he is hindering their development by starting every single game no matter how he plays, whereas they pair are ALWAYS dropped after one average performance

Although he's had a good season, i would happily let McCulloch go

Thomson and Edu are the future and it is frustrating that he is hindering their development by starting every single game no matter how he plays, whereas they pair are ALWAYS dropped after one average performance

Like him or loathe him his versatility and ability are 2 of the reasons we won the league this season.

Lee McCulloch proved himself a vital cog in our armoury particularly this season and he was in the side on merit.

I also don't agree that Thomson is the future - I think he's been quite poor since the St Johnston humiliation, despite a month of great form up till that game.

I think that Davis and Edu are the future, personally, and McCulloch has a vital role of versatility to play.

That all said, at his age, he might fancy a complete change and, like so many, is worried about his and the club's future as things currently stand, so I wouldn't stand in his way should he decide to leave - he's certainly paid back his transfer fee in his performances.