DANNY WILSON will seal his dream switch to Liverpool in the next week.

SunSport understands the Kop giants will table a fresh bid for the Rangers superkid after their first move was knocked back last week.

And skint Rangers boss Walter Smith will be forced to give up his fight to hang on to the �£3million-rated defender.

Liverpool last week offered �£1.5m plus a glamour testimonial at Anfield as they tried to lure Wilson south.

Gers insisted they wouldn't part with the 18-year-old stopper on the cheap.

But Wilson has made it clear he does not plan to sign a new Ibrox contract - and Anfield insiders believe the deal will be done after the final day of the season tomorrow.

We exclusively revealed in February the Premiership outfit were leading the chase to sign Scotland's Young Player of the Year as they begin a rebuilding programme.

Tottenham were also keeping tabs on Wilson's situation, but have now conceded defeat.

Snaring the Scotland Under-21 starlet is regarded as a major coup at Anfield.

Wilson will be handed a bumper wage rise and the promise of a chance to make the grade among English football's elite.

Kop boss Rafa Benitez wants Wilson to sign this summer so he can have three years at the club before the age of 21.

That would allow him to be regarded as 'homegrown' in the eyes of UEFA for future Champions League tournaments.

New UEFA rules demand competing teams have a certain percentage of players who were developed by the club.

Meanwhile, Gers boss Smith revealed he'll forge ahead with the bank's Plan A limited spending budget if Gers don't find a buyer by the end of next week.

Businessman Andrew Ellis is still in the frame to take over the cash-strapped SPL champions.

And Smith hopes any buyout would hand him a bigger transfer kitty for new players.

However, the Gers gaffer is fearful no takeover deal will be done and he has revealed he can't wait forever before starting to revamp his squad.

Six players could be on their way out of the club after tomorrow's final league clash with Motherwell and Smith has identified possible replacements.

He said: "The situation is just the same at the present moment.

"But that is not the club's problem, if you follow me.

"That is the least of the problems, when you consider what we have to prepare for in the coming season.

Advertisement

Click here

"I hope we have a clearer picture, within the next week or so, on which of the paths we're taking.

"As long as we know which one it is, that's the main thing.

"I've not been able to do a great deal of planning, so that's a little logistical problem we have to get over.

"We've been doing enough in the background to keep us up to speed with what we need and what we want - effectively what we can get.

"Although our scouting department was cut back fairly dramatically, we've still been active in that area and we have a fair idea of some of the targets we would want for next season."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2964840/Danny-Kops-it.html#ixzz0nKDVKffn

Guest Flying Hippo

Without wanting to sound petty, i can't bring myself to wish him anything other than a Liam Miller-esque English career

The lure of the premiership is far too strong , add in all the uncertainty surrounding us and the fact that his agent will be on a massive financial payday and it's little wonder he's offski .

He only has to look as who is getting a game for them , I would play him before the big greek anyday

I don't blame him for wanting the move, I just think it would be better for him to stay for another couple of seasons and develope his talent, it would also be better for Rangers if he stayed,however he is getting a dream move to the EPL and with the state Rangers are in at the minute he obviously feels it is the right thing to do, time will tell he is correct.

Guest Flying Hippo

He's deluded if he thinks he's going to be above Carragher, Agger and Skrtel in the pecking order. 2 or 3 Carling Cup games and then a 6 month loan to his boyhood heroes in January wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Anyone watching Carragher this season will have seen he is on the slide and fast , this has possibly been his worst season by far , as for the other two it's the usual they must be great because they play in the EPL , nothing more than average at best, and definetly over priced

I forgot all about the homegrown rule coming in, that makes much more sense now as to why there's a few clubs possibly interested now rather than letting him get more experience here.

All the more reason to hold out for more dosh :)

Still, Liverpool are a sinking ship, with Rafa in charge.

Wrong choice imo.

I also think �£3m isn't great business on our part but our money problems are restricting us badly, if he was anywhere else it would be double that. Adam Johnson went for �£8m with 6 months on his contract left...