Rangers FC no longer for sale

Feel free - it's always flattering to have a post published on the main site. :)

PS I may leave you to think of the headline; you're always much better than me at thinking up a good line.

Publication is the sincerest form of flatulence. :drink:

What a difference 12 hours makes , one thing that I sincerly believe is that we cannot continue as we have for the next few years , as Calscot so brilliantly put it anyone buying us is getting an absolute bargain for the price .

Which begs the question why has Murray allowed it to be run into the ground , that is something I will never get my head around , Ellis may or may not be the answer , this weekend will answer many questions , but even in my worst nightmares he will want to protect his investment and see it grow .

We also have this famous G51 regeneration project which keeps getting mentioned , lets be perfectly honest the land around Ibrox is a hovel and at least the multi storey eyesores just behing the Broomloan are getting demolished , if the angle is on developing this land and more then surely it can only be a good thing .

If the club is now being run properly and is not losing millions every year again even better , one of Murray's biggest mistakes IMHO was never engaging with us the fans and the opportunities that lay before him , short sightedness was his biggest failing and the sooner he has gone the better .

Yes but Calscot is describing things in an ideal world. Reality involves people and that tends always to bring a degree of perversity.

There's no doubt in my mind that the current political situation will have slowed down or temporarily halted any takeover deal, particularly if property is involved. The fluid tax situation, focussed on a budget statement on 22nd June is in everyone's mind right now and is affecting all kinds of deals. Some are pushing forward top beat the deadline, others are using the deadline to put pressure on the seller. June 22nd, that's the real deadline here.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Yes but Calscot is describing things in an ideal world. Reality involves people and that tends always to bring a degree of perversity.

There's no doubt in my mind that the current political situation will have slowed down or temporarily halted any takeover deal, particularly if property is involved. The fluid tax situation, focussed on a budget statement on 22nd June is in everyone's mind right now and is affecting all kinds of deals. Some are pushing forward top beat the deadline, others are using the deadline to put pressure on the seller. June 22nd, that's the real deadline here.

It may well be an 'ideal world' view, but that does not take away from the logical assumption that there is no tangible benefit, financially or time wise, in Ellis or any other owner allowing the club to fester. The delays in purchasing may be down to the points you raise, but once the club has changed hands, the delays will matter not a jot (assuming we are not left powerless to buy players etc)

If Ellis pays �£33 million, he will want that at least back or he will be eating into profits from other avenues. On top of that, where is the logic on championing the idea that he will be an ego lead individual while saying he will allow a club with millions of fans go to wrack and ruin? The 'good' work he will have done in raising his name in Scotland will be undone at a stroke. The bottom line on him selling up and moving is that should he be here to make a fast buck, the only way he can guarantee a return and quick sale is through providing a stable and profitable club. Letting us slip further would prolong the search for a buyer (as we have painfully witnessed) and reduce his initial investment.

There is no requirement in any of that for him to have us as CL winners, but there is a need, to protect his money, to have us running well. Again, if that is what we get out of his deal, I am all for it, it would be far from perfect but a huge leap from where we are today. A step in the right direction if you wil.

On top of that, where is the logic on championing the idea that he will be an ego lead individual while saying he will allow a club with millions of fans go to wrack and ruin?

I have to agree 100% with that comment and if he was that type I believe he would be looking at the over priced , heavily indebted clubs in the EPL or even the championship that are all waiting for new multi milionaires to throw money at them, and their over paid prima donna's .

If we take a step back and try and remove our emotional attatchment to the club , for what is being asked or rather the alleged asking price of �£33 million , you get a 5 star stadium , a near 100% capacity crowd every 2nd week , a near stick on guarantee into europe ( whether Europa League or C/L ) every season , and again an almost certain degree of success given limited investment in a squad already paired down to the bones but carrying very little fat and primed for strengthening .

If this guy has any idea of what he is doing then the sky could be the limit , however again I have to ask why Murray cannot see this potential , surely boredom hasn't dulled his legendary business brain (joking not)

I think the more likely danger for Rangers after a takeover, is that like SDM at one point, the club's success binds itself to the ego and measure of success of the new owner, which eventually initiates a spending spree that we can't afford and puts the club into debt again, possibly to the owner, a la Hearts or even Gretna.

We really do need the club run prudently from now on, but in a way which allows us to spend when needed and compete well in all competitions.

I think the more likely danger for Rangers after a takeover, is that like SDM at one point, the club's success binds itself to the ego and measure of success of the new owner, which eventually initiates a spending spree that we can't afford and puts the club into debt again, possibly to the owner, a la Hearts or even Gretna.

We really do need the club run prudently from now on, but in a way which allows us to spend when needed and compete well in all competitions.[/QUOTE]

We could do worse than look at the German model , I dont mean just on ownership , but in their almost single mindedness towards the way their club functions , emotions are for the fans whilst everything is focused towards success on the field .

On top of that, where is the logic on championing the idea that he will be an ego lead individual while saying he will allow a club with millions of fans go to wrack and ruin? The 'good' work he will have done in raising his name in Scotland will be undone at a stroke.

Here's the thing though - NOT ONCE have I ever championed the idea that he will be an ego lead, whatever that is. Neither have I ever put forward the idea that he will allow the club to go to wrack and ruin. Finally, why would he be interested in raising his name in Scotland? You need to explain these inventions and why you are, apparently, attributing them to me.

The bottom line on him selling up and moving is that should he be here to make a fast buck, the only way he can guarantee a return and quick sale is through providing a stable and profitable club. Letting us slip further would prolong the search for a buyer (as we have painfully witnessed) and reduce his initial investment.

Your big assumption here is that he will make his money (and surely that must be an objective somewhere along the line) from the development of the football club. This will hopefully be the case but, as far as I can see, there is no actual basis for the assumption. The football club may simply be leverage. BTW, before you invent some more, I'm in no way saying that I believe Ellis (or anyone else) will pursue one strategy or another, simply debating the envelope of possibilities.

On top of that, where is the logic on championing the idea that he will be an ego lead individual while saying he will allow a club with millions of fans go to wrack and ruin?

I have to agree 100% with that comment and if he was that type I believe he would be looking at the over priced , heavily indebted clubs in the EPL or even the championship that are all waiting for new multi milionaires to throw money at them, and their over paid prima donna's .

If we take a step back and try and remove our emotional attatchment to the club , for what is being asked or rather the alleged asking price of �£33 million , you get a 5 star stadium , a near 100% capacity crowd every 2nd week , a near stick on guarantee into europe ( whether Europa League or C/L ) every season , and again an almost certain degree of success given limited investment in a squad already paired down to the bones but carrying very little fat and primed for strengthening .

If this guy has any idea of what he is doing then the sky could be the limit , however again I have to ask why Murray cannot see this potential , surely boredom hasn't dulled his legendary business brain (joking not)

I think Murray IS bored and one of the reasons is that his ego is no longer massaged. He has lost the adulation of the fans which has been replaced with something altogether different.

He also has other fish to fry while a company dearer to his heart teeters on the brink which also means he is not solvent enough to be a guarantor for Rangers debts, which is the main thing that has put us in trouble.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Here's the thing though - NOT ONCE have I ever championed the idea that he will be an ego lead, whatever that is. Neither have I ever put forward the idea that he will allow the club to go to wrack and ruin. Finally, why would he be interested in raising his name in Scotland? You need to explain these inventions and why you are, apparently, attributing them to me.

Your big assumption here is that he will make his money (and surely that must be an objective somewhere along the line) from the development of the football club. This will hopefully be the case but, as far as I can see, there is no actual basis for the assumption. The football club may simply be leverage. BTW, before you invent some more, I'm in no way saying that I believe Ellis (or anyone else) will pursue one strategy or another, simply debating the envelope of possibilities.

It was a general comment. you 'thanked' another chap for putting that idea forward, i carried it forward, that is all, nothing to get upset about.

Look, this is pathetic, I have tried twice now to engage you in decent discussion and you are far more interested in argueing with the person rather than the content. For someone who cried about a lack of debate, that is fairly sad. Sadly we will need to leave it here, it was turning away from sillyness but you seem determined to take it back there. When you learn that someone disagreeing with you, or even merely putting forward an altrnative theory, is not them fighting you, we can maybe pick this up, until then, bye bye.

edit for clarity. I at no point, at all, ever, said that i thought he was here to make his money through the club alone. What I said, very clearly and very often, is that WHILE he is making his money through property, it would make no sense to leave the club rotting. It DOES make sense that while he is developing whatever needs developed, he keeps the club on an even keel, facilitating his move away and maximizing his profits. Rather than trying to sell a half dead club with debts that no-one will take over. That is all in black and white throughout this thread and others.

Good day.

Edited by Northampton_loyalist