Rangers FC no longer for sale

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Your down as guilty by association mate , get used to it :whistle:

I am guessing I picked up his post wrong. But you are probably right enough :D

I'll join the rest and commend Maineflyers post.

Tho' how many of the present Board, the ones who will, or will not, recommend any takeover [:whistle:]. Sat on their arses during these years that Maineflyer has talked about. Including ones who some would have as new owners.

Enough of this tedious nonsense please.

The fact I am having to come on here at this time via my phone to close threads that should be interesting debates and not schoolground rammies is rather embarrasing.

I better be in a good mood tomorrow when I visit.

PS: I will be removing the offending posts and re-opening the thread then for those of us who can talk about important issues like adults. Those who can't don't want to test my patience.

Right this has been re-opened.

To be clear, this forum is built upon sensible debate without personal insults and the goading of other users. Differences of opinion are to be expected and are wholly welcomed. However, this must be done in a respectful fashion.

We're also happy to discuss most (if not all) issues as long as that spirit is maintained. Our forum rules are very general and there is room for flexibility therein. As a result, we hardly ever need to close threads or 'discipline' users. Not because the moderation is good but because the bulk of our users post maturely and are all capable of staying within the rules.

For those who like to massage those rules and spoil the debate by getting personal with those you may disagree with, I'm going to respectfully ask you to keep the debate civil and refrain from stuff that is not relevant. If you can't do that, then go elsewhere as I won't have this forum spoilt for the majority who abide by our simple rules.

:)

Its certainly gone very quiet in the media about this, with seemingly nothing at all coming out now from the Ellis camp or those within the club determined to paint him as some sort of fantasist. Is this good news or does it just mean everyone's gone on their holi-bobs?

Its certainly gone very quiet in the media about this, with seemingly nothing at all coming out now from the Ellis camp or those within the club determined to paint him as some sort of fantasist. Is this good news or does it just mean everyone's gone on their holi-bobs?

It went fairly quiet around here last night too. I went off to watch some TV and returned to see the thread closed and all sorts of shennanigans had been happening. Then watched about fifteen members logged on but everyone apparently too stunned to post anything at all. We even had Grandmaster Suck reading the offending thread for about twenty minutes, so the notoriety of said thread must have spread at least that far.

I said somewhere else recently that the lack of news was perhaps the most encouraging sign of real action we'd seen so far. I'd just like to think that if the Ellis deal does go through, we won't have an avalanche of self-congratulation from those who "predicted" it. What I hope we will see is an avalanche of questions to the club and new owner about his specific plans for the club.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
You choose the one time I give you a break to pick me up wrong. I'm putting it down to the paranoia of a hunted man. :)

The 'and' in your post meant it could be read 2 ways, me, being a paranoid and hunted man took it to mean the obvious :D

In all seriousness though, it is simply not possible to draw any form of conclusion over what we have in store due to the dearth of actual knowledge. Ellis could well see a profit in putting our club on the straight and narrow, raising the value of his investment and selling us on but whether the time scales that would be involved could give a decent ROI is a point that cab be debated. Far more likely for me is that there is a development of the surrounding area in the pipeline. If that is the case, it is not neccessaruily a bad thing for us. If Ellis pays the reported �£33 million and lets the club stagnate he will be writing off a portion of his initial investment. If he sets the club on a sound financial road while building up the surrounding area he will stand to make a modest profit off the club in it's own right, on top of any development carried out.

Wih the way we are today, it would be no disaster for the second scenario to unfold. We need a period of stability and re-growth to set us on the right path and if we 'lose' 5 years with no huge changes but a gradual improvement of our off field operations coupled with modest investment on the field we would have made a gain over-all. It would certainly be an improvement on the current situation.

One thing is pretty clear, anyone expecting Ellis to roll in and spend million after million on players is crazy. We would simply be storing up todays problems for later. A root and branch change in attitude is needed through-out the club and a shift away from any form of spending above our means.

Unfortunately, it's not just about money. It's mainly about leadership and direction; having a clear plan and the will to deliver it. Without an owner focussed on the right outcome, the club will continue to stagnate.

If the deal turns out to be fundamentally about property, where do you think the leadership's attention will be focussed? I'm willing to hazard a guess it won't be on the football club and if that does turn out to be the case, we'll wish we'd never heard the name Andrew Ellis.

Is this a time to be worried? Damned right it is.