Rangers FC no longer for sale

I don't know anything about the transaction but 25 pence per share is pretty devastating..

Devastating for the seller of them maybe(?), but not for the buyer.... I was told previously that such small transactions are no indication of anything really. Whether that's the case or not, I don't actually know because when I posted about the very same thing on Gersnet months and months ago, I was actually pointing out an identical transaction to this one; 8000 shares sold at way under their value. I can't remember if it was exactly 25p or not but it was thereabouts and definitely 8000. It was also on a Friday, so maybe it's even the same transaction wabash is talking about.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Devastating for the seller of them maybe(?), but not for the buyer.... I was told previously that such small transactions are no indication of anything really. Whether that's the case or not, I don't actually know because when I posted about the very same thing on Gersnet months and months ago, I was actually pointing out an identical transaction to this one; 8000 shares sold at way under their value. I can't remember if it was exactly 25p or not but it was thereabouts and definitely 8000. It was also on a Friday, so maybe it's even the same transaction wabash is talking about.

could that not be something so simple as shares changing hands between friends or family members?

You do the maths then at 25p , pretty paltry value, even at a mid price of 32.5p.

Something afoot and it is not 12 inches, nor does it point to a buyer, naked short selling ????

Is it possible ......... someone [say MB], as part of his contract, could buy so many shares at 25p each?

Is it possible ......... someone [say MB], as part of his contract, could buy so many shares at 25p each?

No, that would have to be a qualified admission and recorded in the accounts. Somehow I do not see MB spending 2k, it may well be nothing at all just a blip...but what a blip, it would value the club on the shares at about �£26 mill. having said that, we should be used to fek all adding up when Minty is around.

All execs at MIH a different company, had their options to purchase MIH shares at the knockdown (:() price of �£14 withdrawn, now that did make my eyes water.

Edited by wabashcannonball

could that not be something so simple as shares changing hands between friends or family members?

It seems more likely to me that Wabash is referring to the same data I mentioned on here months ago. There may well be a plus market stats page for Rangers that hasn't been updated or something like that. Not sure, just thinking aloud...

No, that would have to be a qualified admission and recorded in the accounts. Somehow I do not see MB spending 2k, it may well be nothing at all just a blip...but what a blip, it would value the club on the shares at about �£26 mill. having said that, we should be used to fek all adding up when Minty is around.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill because you haven't looked into this properly. If you take a look at the following trading information, you'll see that nothing strange is really going on at all because according to 41 trades in the first 4 months of the year the average RFC share price has remained above 40p every month.

In April there were 10 trades of RFC plc shares. A total of 4,131 shares were sold for �£1,706 which averages out to 41.3p per share. Go to page 36 in this document which is a list of the PLUS trading stats for April - http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/statistics/trading/pdf/201004.pdf

In March there were 12 trades of RFC plc shares. A total of 25,049 shares were sold for �£10,279 which averages out to 41p per share. Go to page 36 in this document which is a list of the PLUS trading stats for March - http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/statistics/trading/pdf/201003.pdf

In February there were 14 trades of RFC plc shares. A total of 8,921 shares were sold for �£3,584 which averages out to 40.17p per share. Go to page 32 in this document which is a list of the PLUS trading stats for February - http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/statistics/trading/pdf/201002.pdf

In January there were 5 trades of RFC plc shares. A total of 2,190 shares were sold for �£950 which averages out to 43.38p per share. Go to page 33 in this document which is a list of the PLUS trading stats for January - http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/statistics/trading/pdf/201001.pdf

So, get your facts right and stop talking rubbish wabash... :)