Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

Water seems to manage ;)

He has a brilliant record on Goalies and Center halves , unfortunately he couldn't hit a coos arse with a banjo when it comes to buying strikers . In fact I dont think he has ever signed one that lasts , Laudrup was not a striker IMHO though I may give him that one :whistle:

Guest Flying Hippo
He has a brilliant record on Goalies and Center halves , unfortunately he couldn't hit a coos arse with a banjo when it comes to buying strikers . In fact I dont think he has ever signed one that lasts , Laudrup was not a striker IMHO though I may give him that one :whistle:

He signed Cousin who would've been magnificent for us had he given a shit. Wonderfully gifted player

He signed Daniel Cousin who is the second best technical forward (after Prso) we've had this century

Pity he was only here to be fast tracked into the Premiership

Prime example of what I am talking about , Negri lasted a few months before a squash ball finished him Allegedly , Erik Bo dont go there , Salenko same as before short term again . He was very very lucky that he inherited Ally and big mark

Guest Flying Hippo
Duncan Ferguson should have been a great player for us... :(

Signing him when McCoist had scored 48 goals the previous season and Hateley was in his prime was just bizarre. He needed to get off the ground running when Ally missed the start of the season recovering from his broken leg but it just didn't happen for him.

Guest Flying Hippo

May i add that Big Dunc's goal against Motherwell on the opening day of the 94/95 season after a 60 yard run from Laudrup is one of my favourite ever 'rarely talked about but quality' Rangers goals

SKINT Portsmouth have laughed off a Ã?£300,000 bid for Tommy Smith and labelled Rangers’ penny-pinching offer a joke.

Pompey administrator Andrew Andronikou has confirmed he received the “derisory” offer from the Scottish champions via an agent earlier this week. Andronikou has warned Rangers the 30-year-old striker will only be sold if somebody meets the Fratton Park club’s Ã?£1.5million valuation and he won’t be allowed to leave on the cheap – regardless of Portsmouth’s financial situation, with debts of more than Ã?£120m.

“I’ve received an offer from Rangers for Tommy Smith,” Andronikou revealed to Express Sport yesterday.

“It came via the player’s agent earlier this week but has been turned down flat.

“I have to say I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was told about the offer.

“It was an absolute joke, nowhere near the level we value Tommy. It can only be described as derisory.

“If clubs think that because Portsmouth are in administration we will accept any old offer, then they are mistaken.

“There will be no fire sale here and players will only be sold if we receive offers that meet our valuations.

“If Rangers want to buy the player then I would suggest they come to me and cut out the agent, then they will get a better idea of what we’re looking for.”

Walter Smith has turned to Smith as he seeks a replacement for Kris Boyd.

Prime example of what I am talking about , Negri lasted a few months before a squash ball finished him Allegedly , Erik Bo dont go there , Salenko same as before short term again . He was very very lucky that he inherited Ally and big mark

Gordon Durie was a good signing.

Van Vossen is another who should have been a great signing.

RANGERS have been told Tommy Smith will cost them �£2million :eek:- and are ready to switch their focus to his Portsmouth strike partner David Nugent instead.

SunSport revealed yesterday that boss Walter Smith is chasing Smith to bolster a strikeforce which has lost Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo.

Pompey need to raise �£15m to stave off liquidation.

But administrator Andrew Andronikou values Smith at �£2m and Gers aren't keen to spend so much on a 30-year-old.

They are now ready to reignite their pursuit of long-time target Nugent, who is certain to quit.

Smith tried to land the England hitman three years ago before he left Preston for Portsmouth in a �£6m deal.

Nugent, 25, has endured a nightmare on the south coast and spent most of last season on loan at Burnley.

In an added twist, out-of-contract Kirk Broadfoot could be heading in the opposite direction.

Pompey have joined Blackpool in the hunt for the Scotland stopper and will hold talks today.

Gers have offered him a three-year contract on improved terms but he has yet to give an answer.

From the Sun................