Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

I like nugent as well but I think �£1.5m has been quoted before with Bolton leading the way seemingly !!

Really? �£1.5m would be good value for a 25 year old. If we were serious I reckon Nugent would come here for champions league football over the premiership. �£2m for a 30 year old Smith really makes �£1.5m for Nugent seem a bargain and kinda makes you doubt the figures quoted in the article.

I honestly believe that the press are just doing the usual and throwing the old names back around again , Walter is far too aware that we haven't made a significant signing in three transfer windows , and I believe possibly more through hope than any other reason that he will pull something out of left field again . I dont think the squad reports back till the 23rd 24th of this month so we will just have to endure the speculation plus the players being linked with them do not really worry me too much , in fact it's no wonder that mob are getting twitchy

Not overly keen on the targets doing the rounds. Tommy Smith would be a big no thank you, don't know how Portsmouth can hold out mind, no owner in the pipeline... but thankfully they did.

I also feel we will get ripped off in the British market as its very common knowledge about are finances and the need for players, elsewhere around Europe maybe not and maybe cheaper options.

Guest Flying Hippo
would you take riordan before the likes of nugent ?

I'd take Riordan before Nugent and Tommy Smith, no doubt

Would also take him before Stokes as i prefer versatile fowards to traditional centre forwards (like you'd never of guessed ;) )

I think Nugent would be a decent signing - depending on the fee of course. :)

Not a player I ever rated - still seems to be living off his FA Cup solo goal of 4 or so years ago for Preston, and didn't really make any impression at all at Portsmouth or Burnley.

He has 9 goals in 3 or 4 seasons in the EPL - in saying that he did quite well for Preston in the Championship which is better than the SPL, so he might be ok domestically. CL would be another matter though.