Rangers Lafferty tells Smith: I�ll deliver the goals needed to clinch three-in-a-row

Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty says he�s ready to hit the goal trail for Walter Smith�s men.

Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty says he�s ready to repay Walter Smith�s faith in him by making fans forget all about the loss of goal machine Kris Boyd.

Lafferty has endured a torrid time at Rangers since his �£3.5m signing from Burnley two years ago and been in and out of the team.

But the Northern Ireland striker ended last season on a high, blasting five goals in seven games as Rangers wrapped up the title. And he�s vowed there�s lots more where that came from if he gets a run in preffered centre forward position.

Speaking in The Sun about the imminent departure of ââ?¬Ë?Gers goal machine Boyd. Lafferty said he understands ââ?¬Ë?Gers fans anxiety about losing the lethal finisher.

And while Light Blues boss Walter Smith continues to run the rule over potential signings with a striker high on the agenda, Lafferty says the answer lies closer to home.

And that pairing him up alongside Kenny Miller next season could reap rewards as Smith sets about trying to win three-in-a-row in what will be his final season at Ibrox.

ââ?¬Å?Any club would be gutted to lose a quality striker like Boyd, ââ?¬Å? the 22 year-old said. ââ?¬Å?All of the boys are sorry to see him go.

ââ?¬Å?His record for Rangers speaks for itself and Iââ?¬â?¢m confident heââ?¬â?¢ll continue to score plenty of goals wherever he goes.

ââ?¬Å?The boss is considering all his options, including spending money on a new striker now it seems he has finally got some funds available.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢ve seen a few names linked to the club and Iââ?¬â?¢m OK about that because I know whatever happens Iââ?¬â?¢m good enough to play for Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?If I was given a chance to fill Boydââ?¬â?¢s boots I would be delighted if the boss felt he could rely on me.ââ?¬Â

The striker added: ââ?¬Å?I learned a lot last year. I went through a spell last year where I didnââ?¬â?¢t score for five or six months, then all of a sudden I couldnââ?¬â?¢t stop scoring.

ââ?¬Å?I feel as if Iââ?¬â?¢ve matured as a player- and coming through such a difficult time has done a lot for my confidence If Iââ?¬â?¢m given a a regular opportunity to play up front then Iââ?¬â?¢m confident I can produce the goals to get Rangerââ?¬â?¢s three-in-a-row.ââ?¬Â

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/184609-rangers-lafferty-tells-smith-ill-deliver-the-goals-needed-to-clinch-three-in-a-row/

Guest Flying Hippo

I believe in Lafferty. He's only started up front alongside Miller 6 times in 2 years. Give them a few months together and they'll be great

I think Lafferty is a decent player but suffers from inconsistency for a variety of reasons.

Can he deliver the same goals tally as Boyd? That's doubtful but he's a different type of player so I'm hoping we'll be a more dynamic team than we are with a poacher such as Boyd.

I believe in Lafferty. He's only started up front alongside Miller 6 times in 2 years. Give them a few months together and they'll be great

You believe in lafferty? given his performances over the last two seasons there is very little to take any positives from. he had his big chance to prove his worth at christmas when boyd was injured and failed miserably.

We havent got the time to give him yet another chance. we dont have a couple of months to see if he works out this time round. If it wasnt for our current financial prediciment his are would have been out the door months ago.

This next season is shaping up to be one of our most important ever , not just because of that wee scrote in charge of the manky mob , but because of the C/L spot and the damage that we could inflict on them financially .

Going into it with Lafferty as our main or one of our main goal threats fills me with dread to be honest

Guest Flying Hippo
You believe in lafferty? given his performances over the last two seasons there is very little to take any positives from. he had his big chance to prove his worth at christmas when boyd was injured and failed miserably.

We havent got the time to give him yet another chance. we dont have a couple of months to see if he works out this time round. If it wasnt for our current financial prediciment his are would have been out the door months ago.

I'd love to see how many other near �£4 million forwards would make a big impact playing 75% of their matches as a left winger

Like i say, the time to judge Lafferty is when he's had a run of games alongside our most gifted forward. They have played together 6 times in 2 years with Lafferty scoring 4 goals in these 6 games

Guest Flying Hippo

And before this turns into a 'Boyd is more gifted than Miller' debate;

i think it's pretty obvious, regardless of your views on those two, that Lafferty and Boyd never was and never would be an adequate partnership

I'd love to see how many other near �£4 million forwards would make a big impact playing 75% of their matches as a left winger

Like i say, the time to judge Lafferty is when he's had a run of games alongside our most gifted forward. They have played together 6 times in 2 years with Lafferty scoring 4 goals in these 6 games

bollocks. boyd was out injured just after the dundee utd game (7-1) and he got a few games in as centre forward and he did F all. Hes average at best and nowhere near worth the money that we paid for him.

And he certainly wont fill boyds boots when it comes to scoring goals.