Walter Smith's reasons for staying

Anyone else not that happy about the slight vanity fair involved with the recent interviews with Walter Smith? It seems his Last Minute Decision To Stay has been taken primarily at the behest of Ally McCoist and not some overarching ambition or desire to succeed. I understand completely why he would would vaguely need the blessing of a person who had been promised the job, but the truth is that we aren't a monarchy, there are no heirs to the manager's 'throne'. It seems like there's been no focus the desire to progress, or to build, or even to consolidate - it's been all oh-I-was-all-ready-to-go-but-they-persuaded-me-to-stay etc. When this is combined with the fact that he's announced his leaving, I just don't think it sets the right sort of tone for the season at all. But, then, I'm in a bad mood. I've just never had such a negative buildup to a season. Especially not as champions. :(

The actions and words of Walter Smith over the last 8 months have been as unhelpful as anyone else at the club in recent times.

I really don't see what we have to gain for announcing to all and sundry that he is leaving.

I'm one of the bigger Walter Smith fans but we've had nothing but mixed messages. He's also been apparently complicit in the buy-your-season-tickets-we-have-money-to-strengthen-and-dont-need-to-sell marketing scheme that's looking quite dubious. I honestly think, as with any player, if they need to be persuaded to stay it's probably best they go.

smith should make his bloody mind up. last week we were bringing in 4 or 5 players, now we cant afford the ones we have. we get s much BS from him as we do from SDM.

Not that I am saying this is the case..... but how do you know it is BS from Smith ?

How do you know that he want given assurances which are now being broken ?

Unless you have inside info then you are guessing and simply laying blame at Smith's door without full knowledge of facts.

It could be that yesterday he was told he could buy 4 players and today is being told he has to sell. Wouldnt be the first time our long term planning is done by the hour rather than even week.

Again, not saying that is the case - but it is at least plausible.

Not that I am saying this is the case..... but how do you know it is BS from Smith ?

How do you know that he want given assurances which are now being broken ?

Unless you have inside info then you are guessing and simply laying blame at Smith's door without full knowledge of facts.

It could be that yesterday he was told he could buy 4 players and today is being told he has to sell. Wouldnt be the first time our long term planning is done by the hour rather than even week.

Again, not saying that is the case - but it is at least plausible.

why wouldn't and shouldn't he walk under those circumstances then, if not he is part of the problem.

Problem is Smith, probably like all of us, changes his mind on what is happening and how bad it is on a day-to-day, issue-to-issue basis.

His inconsistent media work hasn't been helpful while the club themselves seem to change their stance depending on the weather.

I'd say only two people really know what way the wind is blowing and have the ability to build a buffer. SDM and the CEO of Lloyds.

They are the people who are ultimately to blame for the confusion and they are the people who we must go to for answers.

If only that were true Frankie, Minty has as he does removed himself from the board and the front line, at this moment in time the buck stops with the board and our ever absent Chairman AJ.

When are they going to do their job of running the club in a fit and proper manner, of course unless as is more than likely, they dance to their puppetmasters tune, each and every one a Minty appointment.