Maximising our resources, whether young players coming through or creating other avenues of income, means we have to be more professional/streetwise than before.

I just cannot see it with the present Owner/Board/Management.

Building a great youth convetor is admirable but we don't have the management to make it happen. And while the introduction and development of younger players is much needed, it cannot possibly be done instead of the transfer market, only as well as.

Anyone who seriously supposes we are in the business of sacrificing success for style is deluding themselves. The development of our own youth players should be a means to achieve success, not defer it in the hope of a miracle later on. We need to be very careful we don't start believing that the dreadful mismanagement of the club can somehow be swept under the carpet on a tide of hope that wholesale conversion to self-sufficiency will save us. Youth development is only plausible as an integral part of an overall club development programme, not as an alternative to it.

However, I have almost no doubt the present incumbents will make a complete arse of anything they get their hands on, including youth development. From the boardroom to the dressing room we are frankly rank rotten, an embarrassment to 138 years of history.

For the definitive answer on that aspect, you will have to confer with Titus Maccius Plautus

, but I believe he was awfy no well, that awfy no well that hes awfy no well deid.

Not a lot of hope there MF. :spl:

Utterly fucked I'd say.

Rather like our phantom youth policy.....:(

I feel particularly sorry for the poor bastards who forked out for season tickets immediately before Murray announced his non-departure and started the fire sale - it's a lot of dosh to watch the youth team get humped.

I feel particularly sorry for the poor bastards who forked out for season tickets immediately before Murray announced his non-departure and started the fire sale - it's a lot of dosh to watch the youth team get humped.

Guilty as charged :)