Massive smile on my face, similar result to Strachan getting humped in his first CL game 5 years ago.

Looking at their starting line up I was wondering who half of them are! The likes of Dundee Utd, Hibs and Hearts must think they will have a chance of a top 2 finish this season.

Ive said all summer our starting XI is still far better than theirs and if we can get this 2 or 3 players in then we will be stronger over the season.

So looking at their team for the upcoming season and after hearing them being linked with so many players:

Zaluska - If he only managed to catch Dundee Utd's eye he cant be that good.

Juarez - This mexican is a good player but is at the wrong club, he wont settle there.

Hoiveld - Dont have a clue who this is.

Samaras - Shite

Brown - Broon!

Cha du ri - Who??

Maloney - Used to be decent but has been poor for 3 years.

Ledley - never seen him play.

Ki - Who?

Mulgrew - I really thought this guy would have helped them be a success in the Champions League :fish:

Loovens - Doesnt have a patch on our centre halfs.

There is nothing to fear at all from that team. They may have been active with links all summer but Davis, Edu and McCulloch would easily run that show against that line up.

You do have to worry about the long term of Scottish football though. Them not making it into the group stages gives us extra TV cash but the SPL rankings is going to drop every year and maybe in 2 or 3 seasons the champions of the SPL will have to qualify for make the CL.

Edited by Gribz

So much for them being the weakest team that Celtic could draw. :whistle:

Was thinking that. It was a bit of the unknown who can be more dangerous. Ajax only drew at home last night.

Can't wait for them to start the 'the board should never have appointed an inexperienced manager' routine. From the morons who were pleading with the board to appoint him.

Nah, they'll still have the 'its fine, it means we can concentrate on the league' phase to go through first. :whistle:

You do have to worry about the long term of Scottish football though. Them not making it into the group stages gives us extra TV cash but the SPL rankings is going to drop every year and maybe in 2 or 3 seasons the champions of the SPL will have to qualify for make the CL.

Isn't that going to be the case anyway? I'm sure I heard mention of that last year, that this was the last year the champions got straight into the group stage.

What Juffery says is correct. The winners of the SPL have to qualify albeit an easier route as the SPL winners will play champions from Bulgaria, Hungary and likes. Although recent European performances mean that will be a struggle.