Rangers in talks with Eidur Gudjohnsen

I've seen absolutely nothing of Jelavic so can't comment on him as a player. However, the �£3.5m+ transfer fee scares me a wee bit. Can we afford to gamble �£3.5m on a player?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPS4xMRKBfQ]YouTube- ‪Rapid Wien - Celtic (3-3) Highlights 17-12-2009‬‎[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG88J5nOfM&feature=related]YouTube- ‪Celtic Glasgow - SK Rapid Wien Zusammenfassung Teil 1‬‎[/ame]

HA HA,just highlighting the fact that the story is being covered elsewhere,anyway Barry will translate it for us!!, but I'll bet it says something like Rangers in Talks With Gudjohnsen:whistle:

Selon RMC, l'attaquant islandais, Eidur Gudjohnsen serait suivi par le club �©cossais des Glasgow Rangers. Ces derniers auraient m�ªme entam�©s des n�©gociations avec leurs homologues mon�©gasques. Pr�ªt�© la saison derni�¨re �  Tottenham, apr�¨s une premi�¨re partie de saison tr�¨s d�©cevante sur le Rocher, Gudjohnsen qui n'entre pas dans les plans de Guy Lacombe, souhaite partir afin de retrouver du temps de jeu.

Without looking up what I don't know:

Attacking midfieldier Eidur Gudjohnsen is perhaps being followed by Scottish Club Rangers. This evening the same [Rangers] have entered into negotiations having officially ratified their intentions (?) with Monaco. On loan last season at Tottenham, after a disappointing first part of the season on the bench, Gudjohnsen doesn't find himself in Lacombe's plans, and hopes to leave in order to find first team football (ie: playing time).

That's on a first look mate, probably much is shit.

Without looking up what I don't know:

Attacking midfieldier Eidur Gudjohnsen is perhaps being followed by Scottish Club Rangers. This evening the same [Rangers] have entered into negotiations having officially ratified their intentions (?) with Monaco. On loan last season at Tottenham, after a disappointing first part of the season on the bench, Gudjohnsen doesn't find himself in Lacombe's plans, and hopes to leave in order to find first team football (ie: playing time).

That's on a first look mate, probably much is shit.

I knew you would step up to the plate Barry;), irrelevant now,he won't be coming:)

Ach well :( Though our idea of a dream forward line has been eroded over the years, Eidur and yer Austrian dude would've seemed a dream front team to me.

What about Kenny Miller? Does he deserve to be dropped?