Rangers in talks with Eidur Gudjohnsen

English please :thup:

HA HA,just highlighting the fact that the story is being covered elsewhere,anyway Barry will translate it for us!!, but I'll bet it says something like Rangers in Talks With Gudjohnsen:whistle:

A real quality player at his peak, and would normally be well outside our grasp under our current wage structure.

However, a loan deal with cash-rich Monaco paying the rest of his wage above our reasonable offer, could be a great deal.

Sadly, I agree with Cotter that this looks like us being used to make the English clubs take notice, and another look what we tried to buy angle for Sep 1.

Jings! I never expected that one.

Gribz, I think you need to calm down a bit - Jelavic and Gudjohnsen as a dream strikeforce? Nah.

In our situation we arent getting any better. Maybe we will just pick up a couple of strikers from St Mirren and go back in for Lee Miller and that would be a dream?

Maybe we will just pick up a couple of strikers from St Mirren and go back in for Lee Miller and that would be a dream?

No need to get all sarcastic. A partnership of Gudjohnsen and Jelavic isn't a dream strikeforce in my books. Anyway, it won't be happening so you can untwist your knickers!

No need to get all sarcastic. A partnership of Gudjohnsen and Jelavic isn't a dream strikeforce in my books. Anyway, it won't be happening so you can untwist your knickers!

It isnt being sarcastic. Ok Jelavic and Gudjohnsen aren't Torres and Van Persie, but considering what our financial situation is, to possibly of had a young fit Prso-esk player with someone like Gudjohnsen couldnt have got much better for me.

Shame Gudjohnsen's wage is so high but you cant blame him to be looking at a possible Premier League move.

Would be a great signing of it materialises. I would see him as a Ronald De Boer type player who would paly off a loan striker (in Europe) or behind a fron two.

Surely Kenny Millers performances and ever improving goal ratio means that he is a shoe-in for being one, if not the first names on the team sheet this season.

Cammy F

It isnt being sarcastic. Ok Jelavic and Gudjohnsen aren't Torres and Van Persie, but considering what our financial situation is, to possibly of had a young fit Prso-esk player with someone like Gudjohnsen couldnt have got much better for me.

Shame Gudjohnsen's wage is so high but you cant blame him to be looking at a possible Premier League move.

I've seen absolutely nothing of Jelavic so can't comment on him as a player. However, the �£3.5m+ transfer fee scares me a wee bit. Can we afford to gamble �£3.5m on a player?