Rangers have agreed a �£1.5million fee with Stoke City for James Beattie.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Whit a fekin shambles, has nae fekker got any idea whit the fek they are doin, whatever happened to the future of our youth players, sold down the river again and again, the sooner we have a clearout of stone age management ideas the better,

Everything appears short term stop gap, and fek the consequences, Struth will be birlin in his grave, how many ower thirties does Smith intend to employ.........:(:(:(:confused:

Dude, you are losing the rag over a lazy paper story with no quotes that the writer did not even put his name to. Maybe worth relaxing a bit before losing the plot?

If he signs I would not be happy. He would be a good signing in the respect that he would walk it up here. that aside it would be a terrible signing considering his age and one I would not be at all happy with.

Dude, you are losing the rag over a lazy paper story with no quotes that the writer did not even put his name to. Maybe worth relaxing a bit before losing the plot?

If he signs I would not be happy. He would be a good signing in the respect that he would walk it up here. that aside it would be a terrible signing considering his age and one I would not be at all happy with.

Nah, it pains me to see the shambles that has become our norm in transfer dealings, and the worst thing is....it is being accepted. :(

Guest Flying Hippo
Nah, it pains me to see the shambles that has become our norm in transfer dealings, and the worst thing is....it is being accepted. :(

It's hardly anything new. 7 summers ago we dingied Numan, Amoruso, Ferguson, McCann, and Caniggia and replaced them with Vanoli, Khizanishvili, Emerson, Capucho and Ostenstad

If anything, the players we've been linked with this summer are actually a step up from recent years (not that it would be hard)

Again, this is a lazy paper story that an outlet with 2 dedicated Scottish sports reporters has published un-named. Stoke have signed Jones, we have been in the papers looking for strikers and we have seen reported fee's around 1.5 mil. Put together that all leads to a rag looking to sell copy.

What you say is right, but if we go throwing a strop at every paper story we will be in a state of perma-rage. When the deal is done then yeah, be as up in arms as you like but while it is unsubstansiated paper-talk it would be an idea to remain calm.

Another question for you is how exactly is it the fault of anyone at the club if this is just a wee space filler?

Again, this is a lazy paper story that an outlet with 2 dedicated Scottish sports reporters has published un-named. Stoke have signed Jones, we have been in the papers looking for strikers and we have seen reported fee's around 1.5 mil. Put together that all leads to a rag looking to sell copy.

What you say is right, but if we go throwing a strop at every paper story we will be in a state of perma-rage. When the deal is done then yeah, be as up in arms as you like but while it is unsubstansiated paper-talk it would be an idea to remain calm.

Another question for you is how exactly is it the fault of anyone at the club if this is just a wee space filler?

The club has become an easy target for shit reporters and their rags, and our management just keep walkin right into it, maybe Wattie is finding it hard to fathom that not every hack is as pliable as wee Chick.

The club has become an easy target for shit reporters and their rags, and our management just keep walkin right into it, maybe Wattie is finding it hard to fathom that not every hack is as pliable as wee Chick.

So, what are you in a rage about then? A second ago it was about us signing this old man and now it is because we are a target for speculation. A less kind man than myself might suggest you were looking to be angry at the club..

I don't mind one veteran but James Beattie has never really set the grass on fire wherever he has played. well at least for the past eight years. There must be better younger players for that price.

So, what are you in a rage about then? A second ago it was about us signing this old man and now it is because we are a target for speculation. A less kind man than myself might suggest you were looking to be angry at the club..

You seem unable to seperate the club from the management of the club, I am amused that you see my objections to rank bad stewardship of our club as rage, would be no bad thing if more fans looked a bit deeper than the window dressing. Kindness is a state of mind.

You seem unable to seperate the club from the management of the club, I am amused that you see my objections to rank bad stewardship of our club as rage, would be no bad thing if more fans looked a bit deeper than the window dressing. Kindness is a state of mind.

Where is the bad management? It is an unsubstansiated story in a paper that didnt have a journo that cared to put his name to it. There really is nothing there to be angry at..

Guest Flying Hippo

I fail to understand why being linked with James Beattie could make someone so angry at the club. He's an England international who scored at a canter in the EPL in the early to mid 00s. We have signed far far far worse. Celtic have just spent the exact same fee on Daryl Murphy who hasn't achieved a fraction of what Beattie has