Rangers have agreed a �£1.5million fee with Stoke City for James Beattie.

Make your mind up , when everyone was getting briefed about Muir , you were the one that constantly stood up foe him , now when we are in exactly the situation that was forecast you want to slaughter the club for it .

A bit rich

I believe you are confused RBR, there is and was nothing to defend Muir for, simply an employee of Minty doing a job for Minty.

We are in the position we are in, a quite healthy one now, because of Muir's advices, i.e don't spend what you don't have and can't afford, in short live within our means.

Having said that piss poor transfer deals have not helped, I would hazard that other clubs see us coming and polish the glass doors....:)

i should know better zappa, sorry Jim :notworthy:

Make sure it doesn't happen again. This is the legendary James Traynor we're talking about here; a man who writes in a world renowned & highly respected newspaper; a man a hosts a world renowned & highly respected muppet-phone-in.

I believe you are confused RBR, there is and was nothing to defend Muir for, simply an employee of Minty doing a job for Minty.

We are in the position we are in, a quite healthy one now, because of Muir's advices, i.e don't spend what you don't have and can't afford, in short live within our means.

Having said that piss poor transfer deals have not helped, I would hazard that other clubs see us coming and polish the glass doors....:)

So we have a �£16 million squad wage cap and next to hee haw to spend , but Muir's a great guy and it's all Smith and Bains fault because they cant bring Messi to the club for a tenner , jesus .

In case you missed it Kenwyne Jones went for over �£9 million yesterday , we have about �£5million to get 3 players at least .

In case you missed it Kenwyne Jones went for over �£9 million yesterday , we have about �£5million to get 3 players at least .

Rumour had it that we had that much to spend before Thomson & Wilson were sold....

Beattie? I'm not following transfer deals anymore. This is just awful. An exciting prospect to fecking aging has-been-never-was that will probably do a job but in that way mcculloch has that you could never possibly become excited. Sure I'll be happy at the end of the season when these aged pros have secured us the title but for now I'm just out. I can't be arsed with it.

Rumour had it that we had that much to spend before Thomson & Wilson were sold....

We have a strict squad wage cap in place , we could bring in �£20 million in fees , the wages we can offer are governed by that figure , there is also a wage linit they will not go to , ie why the Eagles deal collapsed .

There is one thing being run prudently which no one can argue with , however we have now gone way past that

So we have a �£16 million squad wage cap and next to hee haw to spend , but Muir's a great guy and it's all Smith and Bains fault because they cant bring Messi to the club for a tenner , jesus .

You must have missed Wattie telling all and sundry the finances are blown out of all proportion, that being just one of his at hand views, depending on who is listening.

I did hear once that the EPL clubs get oodles of Sky money, �£9 mill will be a mere bauble, or maybe it is just hersay..:whistle:

32 isn't that old you know. Besides, we're going into a season where it looks like we'll be using more young players than every before in some role, so I don't think its worth worrying about having the odd older player in the squad.

As far as the finances go, do we really know any more than we did 12 months ago? From what I can see its the same rumours from the same sources, while what's being said in public by various people from the club continues to muddy the waters further.

Of course the current situation doesn't inspire me with confidence, but we still have WS in charge and the spine of a team more than capable of winning the SPL. We just have to put some trust in WS now to bring in the players to strengthen as he sees fit. There's been some times where I've not been his biggest fan, but he's earned faith in him by his achievements since he got back.

There's so many things to talk about at the club just now as regards finances, scottish football, transfer fees, wage budget etc but its almost worth separating those from the chat about individual players as we're basing so much on stuff which isn't fact or which we choose to believe from papers.