Another positive piece of news isn't it? Making sure our first team regulars are tied down on longer term contracts so we don't have another Boyd situation.

Playing for the Gers still has a lot of things going for it as does living in Scotland. We might not be able to compete financially with England now, but I don't think we should underestimate how happy a lot of our team appear to be at the moment. Seems to be a real sense of team spirit about the place.

You would love to think this was being done out of a long term plan , more likely is that we will become a dads army for the considerable future , selling guys like Bougherra and possibly Macgregor when bids come in .

The likely hood is that older players such as Beattie will become the norm , we will no doubt have some success as we should be more than capable of at least holding our own up here in the SPl , Europe will be nothing more than a cash cow which though essential for our financial success will do nothing but hinder our domestic charge .

Let's face facts we are not desirable to any outside investor bar one with a massive emotional attatchment , and they are few and far between .

The club's only hope is to get itself together financially , Muir might be a godsend ( something I never thought I would say) , Murray being away definetly is , what we need is a plan , short , medium and long term and the people in place to carry that out , unfortunately we are let down at all levels , and we the fans must shoulder some of the blame as we allow it to happen .

It's dead easy to come online and moan and shout . it's much harder to stand for what you believe in , unfortunately the Rangers fans love the moaning bit but aint so keen on the other .

But let's look forward to the season ahead with some anticipation for one thing we are guarenteed with this squad/team is 100% , they may lack the ability of a Messi , in fact the way we play resembles a mess more often than not , but they give everything for the cause and as such I raise my glass/mug of coffee and say " here's to three in a row "

WE ARE THE PEOPLE