Players In v Players Out

TB, try and enjoy the fact that we're signing players at last, and stop being so negative, mate. :)

He did say it wasn't really is opinion and he was more in the middle between negativity and OTT optimism.

Like him, I'm a bit unsure of both players and think Jelavic's fee certainly represents a risk. However, they are exciting as well so we should enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

TB,

That post could not be more negative if you tried. You have looked at the ins in as negative way as you could and then the outs as positively as you could (which is negative in terms of the post).

Or you could say :

Jelavic vs Boyd - one has scored 3 times in 2 games against the Tims whilst the other has scored once in 9 years against them.... I say that as a supporter of Boyd as well

Weiss vs Novo - Novo would never even be sought by Man City, the richest team in world football. The other is only being loaned out because he is so highly thought of.

Webster vs Wilson - Wilson a quality player no doubt. Webster remained injury free last season and was listed as candidate for player of the year. Experience bs inexperience - close call.

Beattie vs Smith - Even if Beattie's better years are behind him he can still score goals and hopefully in our colours. Smith has been injured for so long that we barely even know how he plays. And to say his injuries are behind him at the same time as slating Webster for his injuries is a serious stretch.

For Beasley read Smith. How many times did he play for us last season ? Not very often. As with Smith, his contribution to us winning the title wasnt that great so we wont miss much with either.

You have taken an incredibly negative viewpoint on the ins and outs.

Listen guys, you have got me all wrong on this.

I was putting up an alternative view, and I thought I said quite clearly that that was not my personal opinion, just that I thought the OP was overly optimistic and was lacking true balance.

Truth is, we know the real judgement on the ins v the outs will only come at the END of the season, certainly not while some of the ins are not even in yet!!

I thought the OP was harsh on the players who have left, and wanted to point out is was possible to do the opposite just as easily.

I am still quietly confident we will be all right by 1 September, and will go on to win the title, but I will not get overly optimistic about players who havent even signed yet, that I know very little about, and that have not performed for us yet, and I similarly wouldnt knock those who genuinely tried their best for us, won titles with us, but who have now left us.

At least Frankie understood what I was getting at!!

TB,

That post could not be more negative if you tried. You have looked at the ins in as negative way as you could and then the outs as positively as you could (which is negative in terms of the post).

I intentionally did try to make it that way, and it wasnt an opinion piece, just an alternative view from the OP, who I thought was far too optimistic on players we havent signed yet, and too dismissive of players who performed admirably for us during title winning seasons.

just that I thought the OP was overly optimistic and was lacking true balance.

:cough: Kenny Miller :cough:

I similarly wouldnt knock those who genuinely tried their best for us, won titles with us

:cough: Kenny Miller :cough:

When you consider that for the first time we have gotten rid of players who played very little or even no part in our past glories and actually replaced them with plaers for certain positions then I am actually very pleased at our dealings this summer , and very surprised .

However when you compare what Lemming has done at Septic , they have no real transfer strategy and I am not just saying that as a Rangers fan but a football fan , no team can have the whole sale changes they have and prosper in the short term , even today Rassmussen is in Germany discussing a loan to Mainz and Fortune may be heading back to West Brom for �£2.5 , a loss of �£1.3 million .

Major pressure on the lurgan bigot tonight

Argee with you about the tims signing, 609892782 midfielders and now they seem to be buying 2873872328 defenders. Quantity over quality it seems like last season summer and winter windows.

I am optimistic about our signings and feel they could add something different but I do feel we still may miss a couple of the players we lost, personally I would say Novo and Boyd.

Could still do with signing a versatile defender *cough* Goncalves

What happened with that one? When I went on holiday we were supposed to be talking to him. Then I read something saying talks were off. Goncalves doesn't have a club yet so is there something still to happen or are his wage demands unreasonable?