He did come out and say we should judge things at the end of the transfer window when it seemed we werent active at all in the transfer market.

In typical Rangers fashion when it seems nothing is going to surface and within the space of 1 week we have a much healthier looking group with 3 additions yet Barazite and Welcome could have been added aswell but probably would have been too much.

No doubt WS will be asked in this weeks press conference if he is finished in the transfer market and it will be interesting to see if he says we are looking at 1 or 2 others which would probably be a vertasile defender or centre midfielder.

I do think we are still 1 short. Last week we had Davis with flu, McCulloch suspended and Fleck injured - thats surely going to happen again this season. Although id have no worries about playing Bougherra centre mid.

People can be judgemental about the way we do business and how poor our scouting is at time but we still normally deliver.

Yeah, he gets enough criticism so we should praise him when he delivers.

I'm unsure Jelavic was worth the finance/hassle/risk but hopefully we will be.

One more signing and I'll be pretty happy.

I was one of the few who never criticised Bain, mainly because I was, and still am, unsure of his exact duties.

That said, I was always of the opinion Bain was Murray's lap dog who showed loyalty to his employer. Nothing wrong with that, but Murray hired him just at a time when we were doing poorly and effectively made Bain a scapegoat, to a certain extent.

Since Murray 'stepped down' as chairman, Bain has been a completely different person.

Yeah, he gets enough criticism so we should praise him when he delivers.

I'm unsure Jelavic was worth the finance/hassle/risk but hopefully we will be.

One more signing and I'll be pretty happy.

Sir Walter obviously thinks Jelavic is worth it so I'm going to trust him on that. There is going to be big pressure on the lad so I just hope he can handle it.

I don't envy his job when it comes to transfers, he's damned if he does (speak to the press) and damned if he doesn't. There was clear frustration amongst fans at the silence surrounding our potential targets this close season, but when details do start to get released about something like the Jelavic deal you then get some complaining that we shouldn't be doing our business in public.

I think Jelavic apart, we've gone about things in a much more dignified (not the right word but I'm having a blonde moment) way than the past, keeping things close to our chest almost until signings are announced which is how it used to be years ago.

We have made good signings in the last week but as a whole he's done a shocking job during his time.

We are horrendous at conducting transfers. Signings often are drawn out affairs and players often leave for nothing or nominal fees. As someone on here recently said, if someone like Charlie Adam played for Celtic he'd have gone for much more. I also think the PR of this club is awful. Whenever we are struggling financially we seem intent on letting everyone know about it. There's clubs in far worse financial positions than us who do their best to make money but do it behind the scenes. I believe that if we had played down our financial woes in the past 10 seasons, we would have had higher bids for players.

If the media report stories of clubs close to folding and having 'a price for every player', you're going to attract derisory bids unless it's a standout like Hutton or Cuellar. We very rarely put up any resistance to selling players nor try to get more money.

The list of players to leave the club in the past 10 years factoring in the total income would not make good reading.

We are horrendous at conducting transfers. Signings often are drawn out affairs and players often leave for nothing or nominal fees. As someone on here recently said, if someone like Charlie Adam played for Celtic he'd have gone for much more.

grinds-my-gears1.jpg

He was persistant with the Jelavic deal and even being slightly clever by saying that we were withdrawing from the deal. I agree with Totti about selling good players for well below their valuation, it seems we snap the hand off the first bid however low.

Guest warrior1690
We have made good signings in the last week but as a whole he's done a shocking job during his time.

We are horrendous at conducting transfers. Signings often are drawn out affairs and players often leave for nothing or nominal fees. As someone on here recently said, if someone like Charlie Adam played for Celtic he'd have gone for much more. I also think the PR of this club is awful. Whenever we are struggling financially we seem intent on letting everyone know about it. There's clubs in far worse financial positions than us who do their best to make money but do it behind the scenes. I believe that if we had played down our financial woes in the past 10 seasons, we would have had higher bids for players.

If the media report stories of clubs close to folding and having 'a price for every player', you're going to attract derisory bids unless it's a standout like Hutton or Cuellar. We very rarely put up any resistance to selling players nor try to get more money.

The list of players to leave the club in the past 10 years factoring in the total income would not make good reading.

agree 100% young man,for me he is still part of the minto mafia!!

But we have to realise, the top business people don't work in sports, they work in business. I work in retail and God knows, we have the absolute detritus of the management pool ordering us about; football is little different. We expect to attract the best? Unlikely, given the abuse the job entails (not unlike retail, now I think about it).

When I was on RM, I wrote a Dr Suess thing about Bain called the Man In the Tan which berated him slightly, but I think over the long term he'd one very well, considering his hands have been tied by either Murray or financial considerations.

\We are what we are, he is what he is, that's just how it is .