The idea that people shouldn't be held to account for doing something wrong because they might not like it seems dubious. There's no way he should be scapegoated, but he must know he's done something wrong (the way he got back up straight away suggested that) so he can't real become unsettled at being reprimanded.

The idea that people shouldn't be held to account for doing something wrong because they might not like it seems dubious. There's no way he should be scapegoated, but he must know he's done something wrong (the way he got back up straight away suggested that) so he can't real become unsettled at being reprimanded.

Agreed. To clarify, whatever reprimand imposed should be proportionate to the incident, and the player's conduct history. I don't think dropping or fining him is necessary on this occassion. However, should it happen again, I would be less relaxed about it.

ETA - I should also clarify that I wasn't suggesting he shouldn't be punished merely because he might not like it, only that we should be careful about handing out punishments that are disproportionate, or not in keeping with common practice.

A jambos friend was explaining this incident last night at footy to a Tim acquaintance and he says to me.... wait for it.... "did you see McGregor rolling around". I am not the most aggressive sort but I almost blew my top at that. McGregor make a fool of himself - but "rolling around" - journalistic licence at its best.

I was having non of it.

He should never have done it though - and his immediate jumping to his feet showed he knew he shouldnt have - a fine should be given and publicised - this upholds the moral code of Rangers and, at the same time, lets AM know that it wont be tolerated. Yes, a fine is chicken feed to todays players, but him missing games is a tough call.

Football is a completely different game to when Struth was in charge.

No it isn't ... but the values widely accepted by society have changed greatly and the sport of football is simply part of that. Football could and should re-engage with much that Struth embodied ... it would certainly be better for it.

No it isn't ... but the values widely accepted by society have changed greatly and the sport of football is simply part of that. Football could and should re-engage with much that Struth embodied ... it would certainly be better for it.

Yes it is.

Nope, you're wrong. Would you like to be wrong again?

Nope but I'm sure you would like to be.

1. Football isn't even played the same way.

2. Money now dictates football.

3. Internet

4. Wages

5. Foreigners

6. It's far more global now in the way that you can watch a game anywhere.

7. Simulation

8. It's refereed different.

9. The media

10. There wasn't really even European football then.

11. Arm chair supporters

Not the best points but I'm watching the football so cba thinking. :)

Nope but I'm sure you would like to be.

1. Football isn't even played the same way.

2. Money now dictates football.

3. Internet

4. Wages

5. Foreigners

6. It's far more global now in the way that you can watch a game anywhere.

7. Simulation

8. It's refereed different.

9. The media

10. There wasn't really even European football then.

11. Arm chair supporters

Not the best points but I'm watching the football so cba thinking. :)

Aye, very good. well done.:yawn: