Edu or McCulloch?

Who do you want playing alongside Davis in central midfield?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want playing alongside Davis in central midfield?

• Edu
    • McCulloch
    • Neither

There's been a split in who should play the holding role in our midfield. Edu, is probably more suited to the position but I don't know what his preferred midfield position is. I've never been that impressed with him during his time with us so far. He wants to far to much tim eon the ball and is often slack with his passes. McCulloch, isn't a natural midfielder, however he does know the pace of the SPL from his days with Motherwell.

Its a complete no-brainer as far as i'm concerned.

One is a talented genuine central midfielder who can get box to box, tackle, has the pace to play the position, is an aeriel threat at set pieces and can actually play a forward pass, and the other is a player, now in his 5th different position after failing in the other 4, and while a fully commited and 100% trier, has none of the qualities required to play centre midfield for Rangers.

Its a complete no-brainer as far as i'm concerned.

One is a talented genuine central midfielder who can get box to box, tackle, has the pace to play the position, is an aeriel threat at set pieces and can actually play a forward pass, and the other is a player, now in his 5th different position after failing in the other 4, and while a fully commited and 100% trier, has none of the qualities required to play centre midfield for Rangers.

I take it you haven't saw the pass McCulloch made for Millers goal yesterday?

Guest Flying Hippo

Edu

We have no long term vision whatsoever. Sell a 25 year old then give a 32 year old converted forward/left winger a new long term contract. Then drop a 24 year old World Cup player to accomodate said 32 year old. If Edu was to flourish, we could have a �£5-6 million player on our hands. Instead he'll never get the chance to as he'll only start when McCulloch is suspended or when Davis is moved back to the right wing

Edited by Flying Hippo

I take it you haven't saw the pass McCulloch made for Millers goal yesterday?

I seen it all right, and the pass was poorly hit and it was only as a result of Miller fouling the defender that it let to a goal.

I also noted it was McCulloch's only forward pass of the game, and that many of his attempted passes over 10 yards went astray. I also noted he was rarely in the correct position to stop Saints midfield from passing to the player he was supposed to be marking, that he chased and never caught Saints players all over the park, and that he won less tackles than Weiss. (2 to Weiss's 3)

I watched him very carefully yesterday, and yet again failed to be anything other than amazed at his selection.

I would love him to be a good player, he is a real Rangers man, a supporter, a good guy in the squad and the changing room by all accounts, and his goals in Lyon and at Parkhead were as fantastic as they were important. I would much rather have him in the trenches when the going gets tough than some other imposters we have paid vast sums to in recent years, but the facts, for me, are that he is simply not a very good footballer, either technically or tactically.

Edu for me and I do think he will get better. Also depends who the opponents are. Edu gets forward more and mcCulloch may be the preferred choice in more tricky games to protect the back 4 and allow the likes of Davis to get forward more.