Edu or McCulloch?

Who do you want playing alongside Davis in central midfield?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want playing alongside Davis in central midfield?

• Edu
    • McCulloch
    • Neither

I can see why people would say Big Lee was captain material - he's uhm, big, and despite myself I can't help but say he can turn matches. He probably has a fairly big personality and commands respect. He can put in a tackle, and can score goals when it counts. But the one thing that completely undercuts all these things is that he's a frustrating player - the one thing a captain can't be is frustrating as a footballer. You lose all that motivational high ground when you feck up three fifteen yard passes in a row and have the crowd on your back, and Big Lee's far too prone to that. The other prone he is is fairly injury prone. I don't think we have any standout candidates which can be the only possible reason people think Lee is a natural candidate.

• 2 weeks later...

Edu really struggled yesterday, as did the whole team (McGregor aside who was my MOTM by a mile) who looked to be already in Manchester and not at Hamilton, and while McCulloch did win one tackle and put a lovely ball through for the winner, I wouldnt go so far as to say he had a good game either.

Mostly, he was a yard off any player with the ball, gave away the usual silly free kicks, and has such little pace in the engine room that if the ball doesnt come to him, he simply just doesnt get it. I am really worried as to how bad he is going to look against a midfield that works so quickly and moves so quickly as Man U do, I may well end up watching through my fingers.

However, back to Edu, and he has not shown anything like his ability so far this season, which of course wasnt helped by being dropped for the St J match, but as a whole midfield unit we have not turned in one good performance yet, and Davis as well has been below par.

I am just thankful that while we have yet to find any sort of form, we have continued to win matches which is what wins you titles.