Lafferty attracting interest

Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are chasing Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty.

More...

Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are chasing Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty.

The Northern Ireland international's place in the Rangers side appears in doubt due to the recent arrivals of James Beattie and Nikica Jelavic.

A trio of English clubs are thought to have been alerted to the situation and may now look to bring in the 22-year-old.

Premier League new boys Blackpool and Championship duo Bristol City and Crystal Palace are the clubs in question as they all search for further reinforcements before the close of the transfer window.

However, Rangers will be reluctant to lose Lafferty as they want to recoup most of the fee they paid to get him from Burnley.

Lafferty moved to Ibrox in 2008 after Rangers agreed a fee of �£3million with the Clarets.

I know I have also been a proponent of seeing him leave - but I would hope that :

1. We get a half decent fee for a full international with a decent socring record at that level and who is still only 22 and

2. Any deal is done with enough time for us to find a suitable replacement.

We DO need to maintain AT LEAST the number of bodies we have in the squad.

I hope he only goes if he get a player coming in.

Im thinking Champions league here and that if Lafferty moves and Miller is injured we'd be buggered upfront.

Jelavic isnt eligible

Naismith is our new RM

Beattie has it ALL to prove

Velicka is 5 miles behind Beattie

Lafferty is in last chance saloon but the guy still has something in his locker if he would just wise up.

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire

To my thinking I hate to see any Rangers player fail at us but I have said for a long time now I wonder if he has the mentality to play for the club.

Yes we have seen glimpses of what he is capable of but well short of what I would expect I feel now if we were to get a bid of 2m as Frankie says let him go.

If he does and makes a success of his career then good luck to him sometimes the shirt is to big for the player