Being treated like children!

We all know what happened In Manchester and most of us were let down by it all but, why the need to go to these lengths? The continued witch hunt towards bears is really starting to piss me off. Everyone and their dog knows the trouble makers weren't the usual fans that follow the club away or even at home. So why go to all this trouble?

GMP should be aware that their fans have history too. They also attacked The District bar when we played them a few years ago - should we lock them up in a place prior to kick off?

FOLLOWING Friday's announcement regarding travel to Manchester, the Club have been liaising over the weekend with Greater Manchester Police, Strathclyde Police, Manchester United and the Club's supporter groups before finalising arrangements for the forthcoming fixture on September 14.

Collectively an agreement has been reached and today the arrangements were finalised.

All travel will be by coach under the official designation of the Club. Coaches will travel to the DW Stadium in Wigan where catering and rest facilities have been organised for fans.

All fans will meet at the DW Stadium where they will then be transported by official coach to Old Trafford, there will be no exceptions.

Tickets for the match will be allocated by a Club official during the coach transfer from Wigan to Old Trafford. Coaches will return directly from Old Trafford after the match, via Wigan where appropriate.

Arrangements for the fixture against Manchester include:-

Only registered Rangers Travel Club members with appropriate points will be allocated tickets

All travel will be by coach under the official designation of the Club

Regionalised official club departures will be implemented where appropriate

Independent travel is being discouraged

All buses will travel to the DW Stadium in Wigan where catering and rest facilities will be available

Tickets will only be distributed by Rangers representatives on coaches once they have left the DW Stadium for Old Trafford

Tickets will only be issued to the named recipient on the transfer from the DW Stadium to Old Trafford

Tickets will not be issued to anyone under the influence of alcohol

The club has little choice but to plan effectively to avoid further censure from UEFA.

However, I'd like to think they have been extremely strong in their representations to said organisation and the GMP to avoid the kind of problems that were not caused by our travelling support at the UEFA Cup Final.

Of course, this event cannot be compared to the Final as 150,000 bears won't be going this time. Nonetheless, thousands of fans are still likely to travel down for the day so it is vital they are policed fairly this time.

As harsh as it sounds - i think that its very important to Rangers that we can avoid any incidents this season, regardless of who causes it.

But it wont be the same (i hope) as Manchester 08, that was a one off and everyone and their dug went down for the ocassion!

As harsh as it sounds - i think that its very important to Rangers that we can avoid any incidents this season, regardless of who causes it.

But it wont be the same (i hope) as Manchester 08, that was a one off and everyone and their dug went down for the ocassion!

Our travelling support are amongst the biggest in the world so it is inevitable the odd minor problem can arise without the proper planning.

More often than not, any issues are the fault of the authorities in situ and while a very small minority of our fans are far from blameless I'd like our club to be much stronger in their support of those bears who risk life and limb to follow their team to dangerous and poorly organised places like Romania was last year.

Manchester in 2008 isn't a developing country but the number of fans who travelled was totally under-estimated by GMP despite pleas to them. I'd hope they have learned their lesson as much as those who did let themselves down.

What will the press do if our fans go down and behave impeccably? I realise the answer is probably to make up lies and then repeat the stuff from the UEFA final.

Its the trouble makers and hooligans/ casuals we need to watch out for, but the strange thing is they will have already arranged a barney no matter what!!, it will be like green street :(