Hooper claims celtic will lift league championship!!

From todays Scottish Sun,

Could we please have this pinned up in the ibrox dressing room,

We are not even four games into the start of the season and these monkey heids, well lets just say hooper has the title in the bag for the manky mob, are they ever going to learn to keep there gobby players away from the media or was hooper listening to big shagmaarse samaras...

GARY HOOPER has opened his heart on his injury hell and begged Celtic fans: Don't dare forget about me.

The �£2.4million signing from Scunthorpe made a blistering start to his Hoops career with a goal against SC Braga on his Champions League debut.

He was crocked days later in a pre-season friendly against Blackburn and Hooper hasn't kicked a ball since.

What he thought was a routine dead leg was a costly calf injury which has taken four agonising weeks to heal.

Celts boss Neil Lennon has spent almost �£10m on 11 new players as his Parkhead revolution gets ready to roll.

Hooper - well on the road to recovery - insists he has no intention of being left behind.

He insists Celtic will silence their early season critics WHEN they win the league.

Hooper said: "A lot of players have come in while I've been out injured but that doesn't bother me.

"It just means it's more competition for me. I have to pick my game up but that's fine. I scored a few goals before I got injured and I've no doubts I can do a job for Celtic. I just need to get myself back fit and into the team."

Rangers have signed just four new players to Celts' 11 but it's been claimed Gers gaffer Walter Smith has opted for quality, not quantity.

Hooper scoffed at that as he said: "No one can say anything until we lift the cup at the end of the season.

"You can't judge whether a certain player is a good signing or not. People can say things now but what are they going to say when we win the league?

"There are good players at this club and it's about getting it together as a team.

"We're scoring goals and we're looking good, long may it continue."

Anthony Stokes became the last player to check into Parkhead this summer when he sealed his �£1.2m move from Hibs on transfer deadline day.

Hooper - among the first of the arrivals - reckons Stokes will prove to be the final piece in Lenny's jigsaw.

The 22-year-old is desperate to stake his claim for a starting place alongside Stokes in a new-look Hoops attack.

Hooper said: "I've never seen Anthony play but he's clearly a goalscorer. I'd love to play alongside him. Hopefully that's something the gaffer is thinking about. I was brought here to score goals and I'm confident I can do that." Hooper gave Celtic fans a brief glimpse of what he's all about with strikes against Lyon and Braga.

Advertisement

The striker went on: "I'm back fit and I'm looking to rejoin the squad next week.

"I'm targeting the game with Hearts after the international break for my return.

"I can't wait as it's been a difficult few weeks for me.

"I started the season in good form with a couple of goals but then I picked up the injury against Blackburn and here we are four weeks later.

"I don't like sitting in the stands. It's been frustrating because it was a nothing challenge but I felt it straight away. It set me back, there's no doubt about that.

"At first I thought it was a dead leg and I tried to run it off but, of course, it was more serious than that.

"When you come to a new club you're desperate to do well and hit the ground running. I had to accept what had happened and not rush things to get back.

"For the first two weeks I did nothing, then I started running again and hopefully next week I'll be back training with the boys. It's been difficult training on my own. I'd been stuck in a hotel as well but I'm set up at home and hopefully my injury problem is now behind me.

"Really, my Celtic career is starting now."

Hooper arrived at Celtic Park with dreams of Euro glory but they were snatched away by losses to Braga and Utrecht.

Hooper admitted: "It's been hard to watch and not be able to help the team.

"The European games were a massive disappointment but overall our form has been good. We have played three games in the league, not lost a goal and won them all.

"The main focus is the league this season and we've started well. Some of the criticism has been over the top.

"We're out of Europe and that's a sore one to take but the focus is the league and we're doing well there.

"The manager has brought in a lot of new players so it's unfair to criticise him.

"I don't think he's lost a game in the league stretching back to last season.

"He's a strong character and a massive influence but he needs to be because of all the new faces at the club.

"Straight away he lets us know what it's all about. Winning, it's as simple as that."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3123236/We-will-prove-Neils-spent-well-when-we-lift-title.html#ixzz0yQLkbThl

Edited by Gers4Life

Was one of the goals he scored not a tap-in ? And they call that "good form" ? Boyd would get slated as "did nothing but scored a tap-in" from the media - and here we have a Tim "in good form" for the same thing.....

They have scored 6 goals in the league to our 7 - so we have scored more. They have scored just the one goal in two of the 3 games against mediocre opposition (who isnt in the SPL...) albeit away from home.

I am certainly not concerned about their starting XI vs ours - the only thing that concerns me is when the injuries and suspensions hit and how we can cope with a smaller squad.

But their starting XI isnt much better, if any, than it was last season under Mowbray.

I LOVE it when they start talking like this because WS has always done a decent job at using these type of comments to motivate our own players.

3 games in and already taking about winning the league. Good luck Hooper ya tool.

"The �£2.4million signing from Scunthorpe made a blistering start to his Hoops career with a goal against SC Braga"

FFS, what a load of pish.....if thats a blistering start, how would they describe Kenny's start to the season!!

I was laughing out loud at the earlier mate!

Hooper is an interesting signing but as we seen with Lafferty, interesting doesn't always mean successful...