Letter to newspaper for Brian Laudrup, response from Copenhagan Post

Hey everyone involved, I just got a response from the Danish newspaper. I've copied it below, it really is very nice and encouraging. The sooner we can sort out a text to send the better, I think, so we can get an accurate price. I'm particulary happy they'll send Brian on a copy!

--

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your very nice email, and for your interest in The Copenhagen Post.

While it is sad news about Brian Laudrup, it is nice to know it is touching so many people over in Glasgow, and we would be happy to help you publish a message of support for him.

Given the nature of the message, we will do our best to give you a suitable space at cost price, and our designer can help make your message look nice. However, we will need to see the text to confirm the size and price. Would you be able to send me the message?

We can also send you a copy of the newspaper when your message appears, and we will do our best to send a copy to Brian Laudrup as well (or we can do so on your behalf if you already have his contact details).

As we are an English paper, it will not be necessary to translate the message into Danish. However, if you would like, and depending on the size, we could print your message in both English and Danish, as that would be a nice touch for Brian and our Danish readers. We can translate the message into Danish here if you would like, as we have bilingual journalists.

I hope this information if helpful to you. Please send me through your message when you can, and ask me any questions you may have!

Best wishes,

Amanda

--

Edited by bmck

I replied to say thanks and that we would get back this afternoon, hopefully to give MF enough time to write a few words, and for everyone else to have their input and agree on a final version, before sending it on. I think short and decorous would work best. I've no idea how much cost price will be though.

I will indeed pen a few words this evening when work finally draws it's claws out of me. Lord knows what I'll say but better minds might lend a hand by making whatever changes/additions are necessary. I'm thrilled there are still those amongst us who can still leap into action when it counts - bmck!

Cheers for doing that MF. She got back in the afternoon and said if we could send it on by Monday it would give them plenty of time for their next print run on Wednesday. Hopefully that'll give you enough time to pen something either tonight or tomorrow, and let people have their chance to provide some input, and then get back to her on Monday to find out the rest of the details. She said that if it we weren't ready by Wednesday then that would be fine too, they'd just need to plan for the next edition.

Barry, any way you could find out from Amanda how payment needs to be made ? Can it be done AFTER they have published (i.e. they send us an invoice ?) or does it need to be paid prior to publishing ?

Just think that whilst MF is putting his prose to paper we should ensure we do the right thing regarding making sure the paper get their payment too, IF needed.

Barry, any way you could find out from Amanda how payment needs to be made ? Can it be done AFTER they have published (i.e. they send us an invoice ?) or does it need to be paid prior to publishing ?

Just think that whilst MF is putting his prose to paper we should ensure we do the right thing regarding making sure the paper get their payment too, IF needed.

I think it will be needed, but at a cost rate rather than full price. When I get a price from her on Monday I'll ask about payment. The only thing that worries me is that I've no idea how much a cost price is, much less the full price, and therefore how long it will take to cover it. I think with the flexibility in the publishing dates there will be scope to take a little longer to get it together, if required. She's away for the weekend and won't be back until Monday, so hopefully we can sort everything out in the interim.

Somehow I don't think covering the cost will be a major problem. Those who can give, will. Those who can't give will contribute their support and that will be more than enough.

So...... Me and my iPad sat down andvrattled off some words, which I hope manages to capture at least a sense of what we are all feeling at this news. The length may be a problem but it can be cut back I'd necessary, although that will inevitably mean losing something. I suggest we start with what we believe is appropriate and reduce it if it turns out to be necessary in terms of space or cost.

Please feel free to suggest changes or even an alternative article but this is what appeared in front of

The players and fans of Glasgow Rangers have long thought of themselves as belonging to a very unique family and, like any other family, news of a brother in trouble brings profound concern and sadness. So it was for tens of thousands of people associated with Rangers football club when we learned that our very special brother from Denmark was starting his fight against cancer.

Of course, this is firstly a private and personal matter for Brian Laudrup and his own family but for many thousands of Rangers fans around the world this is also a call to arms, a deeply felt need to express support for the man who graced the game of football like few have ever done and who embraced the Rangers family as it embraced him.

There are people in every corner of the world who have Brian Laudrup in their hearts and in their prayers. Brian the player, of course, but mostly just Brian the man who was always gracious, always smiling, always the perfect brother. The Rangers family opens it's heart to you Brian and wishes you every strength to win this struggle as you've won so many others.

You beat everyone they put in front of you on the field of play and you will beat this too.

With love and strength,

Your Rangers family.

Shooty in MF, absolutely brilliant!

I have nothing to add to it myself and would be extremely proud if that is the copy that is sent over to Amanda at the Copenhagen Post. Actually, could we mention Gersnet somewhere in the article, just the once?

Barry, Amanda mentioned that she could send you a copy. How would I go about getting a copy of the newspaper with MFs message of support in it? :confused:

Edited by Gazza_8