Letter to newspaper for Brian Laudrup, response from Copenhagan Post

I think it would say more about Gersnet if we avoided any overt mention of the site and instead left the focus clearly on an expression of goodwill from Rangers fans. That's what will mean most to Brian Laudrup and that's what is most important to me.

I feel we're doing this on behalf of all Rangers fans, not just Gersnet members, but we all know that it's us who are doing it. If this goes ahead then everyone will come to know it was the work of Gersnet. There's no need to go looking for what will come to us anyway.

Let's sign off the message as it stands and tag on the web address at the bottom.

I'm slightly concerned that this debate is starting to over shadow what we are trying to acheive and that's definitely not my intention. It's not that important and all I, and I think all of us, want to do is get our best wishes to Brian and his family. Stepping back.

I'm slightly concerned that this debate is starting to over shadow what we are trying to acheive and that's definitely not my intention. It's not that important and all I, and I think all of us, want to do is get our best wishes to Brian and his family. Stepping back.

Don't think its overshadowing it m8, it's clearly not your intention - just friendly discussion about the best way to go about things, and you're 100% right to say what you think :) Don't think there's any danger of it becoming a debate.

Edited by bmck

No need, your comments have been nothing but helpful.

I'd just like to add my support to this gesture, and congratulate MF on his fine words.

I'm not one for sending messages of support to public figures but as Gazza said in the other thread, Laudrup is the exception to the rule. As a Rangers daft kid growing up through 9 in a row, Laudrup gave me some of my very best boyhood memories, which I have taken into adulthood. The thing about Laudrup was he was a hero to Bears of all ages, boys like me but also the older crowd who'd waited a generation to see a player like him again. When fans of that vintage said he was something special, you knew he was. Too many of the 9IAR era were called Legends. For me, only Gough, Goram, McCoist and the Prince of Denmark were. I feel privileged to have seen him play for the greatest club in the world, and feel for the younger generation who never got to see talent like that grace the Ibrox pitch.

By all accounts Brian Laudrup spreads the word of Rangers wherever he goes, so I think this is a fantastic gesture in return, to let one of the Rangers family's finest sons know we are thinking of him.