RST AGM Tomorrow

Ascender,

While being a solid perpetrator of the current soap opera, I'll be the first to admit that much of this is distasteful to anyone who believes that the affairs of the RST should be conducted in a proper and thorough manner.

However, there is a clear need for rebuilding here and that can't be started until the site is cleared of debris. The difficulty here has never been running an effective RST, it's been removing entrenched factions whose aim is only to further their own interests. Unless the other board members grow some testicles and use the means at their disposal, the bad guys cannot easily be removed from the outside - hence the need to apply as much pressure as is at our hand, even when it applies to individuals, to expose and hopefully strengthen resolve where it needs strengthening and weaken resistence where that is required.

VB and RM will be contacting Gersnet with a view to joint action to save the RST, not destroy it. Hopefully this site will agree to join with others to formulate more vigorous, although perhaps less visible, action.

This might have the look of a vindictive squabble but, in actual fact, it is probably the last chance to save this RST.

I agree. It wasn't a dig at anyone on here, I understand that stuff like this has to come out. What's disappointing is that in this day and age with so many ways of communication available, that the Trust doesn't make use of them more often to clear matters up quickly and clearly.

If I could get my money back at this stage I would.

I agree. It wasn't a dig at anyone on here, I understand that stuff like this has to come out. What's disappointing is that in this day and age with so many ways of communication available, that the Trust doesn't make use of them more often to clear matters up quickly and clearly.

If I could get my money back at this stage I would.

I did. The least able member of the RST board thought it would remove any basis for criticism if they returned my life membership fee. Since this obviously sets a useful precedent, I guess any life member is now free to request a refund. Assuming of course they still know where to find the readies.:)

I did. The least able member of the RST board thought it would remove any basis for criticism if they returned my life membership fee. Since this obviously sets a useful precedent, I guess any life member is now free to request a refund. Assuming of course they still know where to find the readies.:)

:)

I'm more interested to hear how you managed to get in touch with them to request such a refund!

We don't earn any interest on our current account.

Doesnt matter. The question of interest would be applied to personal gain, not by the Trust, but by the person who received, effectively, an interest free loan for two years.

Dont get hung up on the Trust's position in this as it isnt ALL about the Trust.

Surely, at the least, the Trust should have an interest bearing account. Please tell me that they do ??

BD, boss, are board members required to disclose preferential loans on their tax returns ? Been a long time since I did UK tax but my very hazy recollection was that a corporate director receiving a loan on preferential rates should be paying imputed tax on that or, at least, disclose it to the revenue. Not sure if board members of a Trust are required to do so and, to be fair and clear, this may not be the case. I am happy to stand corrected.

Maybe you should ask the former, former treasurer rather than the Board's least able member.

A previous incumbent's lack of foresight is does not provide the current (though I appreciate you have resigned now) incumbent with plausible deniability.

You cant simply say "the previous person set up the account so I just kept things the same" - that would be akin to saying "the previous guy invested in AIG so I just kept it in there even when I knew that the shit was hitting the fan".

Now, to be fair, the bank savings interest rates are hardly staggering these days so not much interest will be lost. Not a big deal financially in my eyes.

Unity is always a dream, we're not pursuing unity, only the proceeds it helps to bring about.;)

Proceeds is another interesting aspect of unity and how much the individual is willing to invest in that unity, be it cash or some other useful currency.

The cash question was answered in spades by the failure of Minty's share issue, which he was obliged to underwrite in some form that is shrouded in mystery and blind alleys. The vast majority of fans still see Murray as the second coming, but have better things to do with their cash than underwrite often below average fitba players lifestyles.

The internet is its own incestuous gossip shop, where facts are less than necessary, and often deliberately distorted, mostly about point scoring real or perceived.

The other currency is mostly time, for which a great many expect a tie and a blazer, fek all to do with bettering anything other than their own position or standing, as they see it.

Some people are supporters some are fan(atics), I place myself firmly in the former category, fitba much as I love it, comes someway down the list of my priorities in life, as I will suggest it does with most supporters, of any club.

The club could and should solve the whole sorry mess at one fell swoop, but will they.

Doesnt matter. The question of interest would be applied to personal gain, not by the Trust, but by the person who received, effectively, an interest free loan for two years.

Dont get hung up on the Trust's position in this as it isnt ALL about the Trust.

Surely, at the least, the Trust should have an interest bearing account. Please tell me that they do ??

BD, boss, are board members required to disclose preferential loans on their tax returns ? Been a long time since I did UK tax but my very hazy recollection was that a corporate director receiving a loan on preferential rates should be paying imputed tax on that or, at least, disclose it to the revenue. Not sure if board members of a Trust are required to do so and, to be fair and clear, this may not be the case. I am happy to stand corrected.

Craig, I understand you are not aware of all the facts and circumstances surrounding this. I'm not at liberty to divulge information on a public forum until our members have been informed. However, to be clear, this was not a loan, interest free or otherwise. Knowing the circumstances, our auditors were very clear about that.

A previous incumbent's lack of foresight is does not provide the current (though I appreciate you have resigned now) incumbent with plausible deniability.

You cant simply say "the previous person set up the account so I just kept things the same" - that would be akin to saying "the previous guy invested in AIG so I just kept it in there even when I knew that the shit was hitting the fan".

Now, to be fair, the bank savings interest rates are hardly staggering these days so not much interest will be lost. Not a big deal financially in my eyes.

Craig, you are correct and perhaps I let snidey and petty comments that I read elsewhere get to me. In answer to your question in the previous thread, yes we do have an interest bearing account but we use that for Gersave.